So my sister was fired...need some advice

So my sister has been working as a waitress/bartender at this place for about 2.5~3 years. She isn’t late, enjoys working with the other people there etc. Clearly she isn’t too bad if they kept her around for that long right?

Yesterday when I come home she tells me that she was fired. There was no advanced notice or a lay-off. The owner said she was fired because he doesn’t think she will be able to have high enough performance for this summer?

This place gives “warnings” when you mess something up and she doesn’t have one. These are for mis-ordering, coming in late, etc.

She asked them where she was lacking in performance and manager said he didn’t know.

My question is, is there any sort of grace period…or anything for being fired? Should she just take this as she worked for some dirt ball and thats that? Just kind of sucks. /Rant

how old is your sister? waitress and bar tending jobs seem to be fairly expendable. all of the time and energy she would spend trying to fight getting fired should could be out applying for and probably getting another job. anywhere that is hiring for that job will see she has 3 years experience and she’ll become quite attractive for prospective employers.

nope, unless the contract she signed for employment said so, otherwise it is considered “at will employment”

same thing happened to me in FL.

my manager told me my cell leader recommended i be let go(he was a good friend of mine and said that noone ever approached him about me and that he was VERY satisfied with my performance)

i then told my manager this and asked her what was really going on and she said that i didnt “fit there” after i spent 3600$ moving my entire life down there. so i got to spend another $3800 getting back up here.

some employers just suck

implants during her down time

=tips at her next job
win?

Yea, with NY being a work-at-will state, better to just go find another place to work… With 3 years experience, she shouldn’t have any problems.

Manager is banging some other girl who needs a job

god nudes… slackers… post 7

lets ask tupac for advice…

Look here Miss Thang
hate to salt your game
but yous a money hungry woman
and you need to change.

In tha locker room
all the homies do is laugh.
High five’s 'cause anotha nigga
played your ass.

Unless she can prove some sort of discrimination there is nothing she can do.

Ding ding ding…that or your sister spurred someones advances on her and she got canned for not being a “good” employee.

First thing that came to my mind as well, that or she is the only one that hasnt put out to manager and he figures 2 1/2 is long enough. Like everyone else said you could fight it and probablly win but with the energy used she could have another better job with that much experience

she can file for unemployment. she will not get much because she probably does not claim her tips as a income. Tell her to look at this as a oppurtunity to get into a better career field. does she want to sell tires?

Is she hot… I could use a personal assistant

non sexual serious inquiry

Ok sounds good guys, she is just really really worked up about it all. She is 20, so she should have a lot of options. I told her to become a stripper, and give blow jobs for $60. She said no, oh well. Also she will not/didn’t put out to anyone at her place of previous employment.

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v168/59/76/207801340/n207801340_30718564_6410.jpg

All the nude pictures have me in them so I will refrain from posting them.

Anyone know any place hiring?

yea, how much an hour for her!

wtf eyebrows! we need full body for verification of hotness. she maybe on the edge here

I’d use her without a rubber.

HAHA I facebook friend requested her

She likes peeing on faces so watch out.

since when is that a problem

lol…

hope it turns out okay