WT-Rent/borrow/buy if i need to... PCM for 94 LT1 F-body.

I’d like to borrow/rent a PCM for a 94 LT1 F-body if possible to check to see if mine is bad. I’ll buy it if i need to. Anyone have one?

Thanks

If you bring yours by the shop, we can plug it into our desktop harness and see if its readable

well, i confirmed that it is readable. Can i then assume then that the PCM is ok and rule it out as the cause of my trouble? I think i’m in denial that my brand new optispark is dead… Getting code 36 - hi res failure.

[quote=“redZ,post:3,topic:32796"”]

well, i confirmed that it is readable. Can i then assume then that the PCM is ok and rule it out as the cause of my trouble? I think i’m in denial that my brand new optispark is dead… Getting code 36 - hi res failure.

[/quote]

how does the car run?

runs o.k… it died once at a stoplight… backfired once while driving. Eats gas like crazy… Apparently when code 36 is set, the PCM defaults to estimating the crank/cam position from the low resolution pulse which should keep the car running. I’m guessing it HAS to be the opti. Sending this one back for a replacement… grrrrr

any update on your car?

Just noticed this, figured i’d reply even though it’s been a few months. It turned out to be a bad optispark.