WTB: 1st gen. dodge Neon catalytic convertor

as the title states, mine has self-destructed and a brand new one is $170 (fuck that).

looking for one that is in tact on the cheap.

will a honda one work? u can prob have mine next week if u want (75bucks) its brand new, im jus puttin a test pipe on, lmk

How much is a universal these days? 50. weld it in and be done

universal is $100, OEM is $170. I really dont wanna spend more than $50

i dont think i do but i’ll check…

It would be from my 98 DOHC R/T… It think it should work on a sohc or dohc

that would be great! thanks in advance lol…let me know

Straight piece of pipe would be your best option Nick.

if you go straight pipe it sounds like ass trust me i know. You be better off ordering a resonator from modernperformance.com or if anyone local has one. You can always do the non-fouler trick if you use the resonator

Buy a longtube header like I did :slight_smile:

EDIT: When did you buy a neon?? Planning to make it into a Dunnville monster? It would be the right thing to do…

lol, I bought a neon like 4 months ago. Its my daily and its a great one at that for $500. It is white though so it has the classic flaking paint and the driver door is red cause I bought the car with a badly dented door/broken window. I plan on doing the HG, Timing belt/tensioner and waterpump in spring and spraying it with some cheap white. Just trying to maintain this car as cheaply as possible because with my track record of winter cars I might not be keeping it long after lol.

OH, and BUMP!

Track it :slight_smile:

lol, the struts are SO BLOWN its not funny lol. and it has 150k miles on the clock…and it has the well known intermittent speedometer/odometer lol. so who knows what kinda miles are on this thing.

How many miles do you think are on my engine? ~160k. Also, I can fix the intermittent cluster problem :slight_smile:

I assumed it would be something like lubricating the speedo cable and cleaning the electric connection on the harness clip…Am I wrong? lol

What speedo cable? Theres certain solder points on the back side of the clusterboard, that need to be ‘reflowed’. Very simple, just takes patience. Ive done it like 5x now to different boards for different people.

this neon would not make it on the track. ive ridden in it multiple times. it would blow up lol.

Jc Whitney has cheapo universals for around $60ish + shipping. Not a track car by any stretch, lol.

The cluster would be easier to just replace i might have one laying around, ill check and p.m. you tommorrow

the cluster problem might be to the 12 pin connector those tend to brake in the back of the cluster…just an idea lmk i have one cat off a 2nd gen not sure if it will work they seem the same style of exhaust manifold though…lmk

you should have bought a honda :mamoru: