WTB: 2.3 stroker motor

for a talon tsi

Good luck with that on here… You’ll have better luck on DSMTuners or DSMTalk or some DSM specific board. OR, you can call Hybrid Connection (one of our advertisers) @ 674 2772 for a quote on building you one.

thanks

If this is for a turbo application I would stick with the stock stroke

Etu Brute’? Why do you say that? The stroker motors don’t last as long as the stock-spec rebuilds because of the more aggressive rod angles. However, the displacement is what everyone wants when they get it when tehy don’t feel like building and adapting the 2.4L block to thier DSM’s…

no offence or anything but you always say comments like this but never say why. I’m just curious as to what you think.

I would say it was more advice than a comment

as long as everything is built to the best theres not much to worry about not to metion that the extra .3 l will spool the turbo about 300-500 rpms faster then stock.

Not true. Never build a 2.3L stroker from a 7bolt.

The 2.4L 4G64 is the better way to go IMO for reliability and longevity.

i think hes lookin for 6 bolt if thats ne betta. but neways the 4g64 is a better motor but has ne1 ever put on in an eclipse?

in the area or in general ?

the swaps been done a buttload of times …

4g64t ftw :slight_smile:

learn somethign new everyday then…

on a neverending quest for knowledge

as far as i know, theres only one turbocharged 4g64 in the area …

there were rumors of another one in south buffalo, but that was determined to be a lie :slight_smile:

SOHC 4g64s dont count

Exactly!!

if i get my way, there wont be ANY sohc 4g64t’s in the area actualy…

:snky:

I have the 2.4 swap in my 1g talon, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good motor for a street car. With a smaller turbo boost is instant, and even with a big turbo your lag is going to be much smaller. I havent had the motor in long enough to speak to the reliability of it, but I don’t anticipate it to be any less reliable than 2.0 making the same power. As Matt said, for a 7 bolt I would definately do the 2.4L block instead of stroking the 2.0 and even for a 6 bolt I would probably do the same, since buying a NT 2.4 block should actually be cheaper than finding a 6 bolt turbo block.

^^BASTARD !!!

by the way, where do u live ? i might want to take a look at that come summer time … just for my edification …

Nah 2.4s suck!!