Turbo'in an N/T 97 Talon, who's got the info?

Hey guy, we’re looking to turbo my freinds 97 talon, I’m sure some peeps in here have had some experience with the process. We just have a few questions we’ve been finding it hard to hear strait answers to.

#1 Do you need any computer/fuel upgrades or control in order to turbo the car?

#2 Where can you find a manifold that will fit a mitsu turbo(ie T25 and so on)?

#3 Do you know if 450cc injectors of a turbo dsm will drop in?

#4 How much boost are you looking to safely run?

#5 We’ve got a stock auto tranny, would you suggest rebuilding it to higher specs? or swaping in a worked n/t 5speed if thats feasible?

I really really appreciate any help you guys could give us. Almost all the people i try and get help from just tell us it isn’t worth the money blah blah blah, but we’re not doing it to be cost effective, we’re doing it to be a fun project and to work on his car.

Were looking at jerry rigging the initial system then slowly upgrading all the parts over time, here is what we’re planning on, but we’re not exact’y sure how it will all fit together

450cc
T25
2g sidemount or Supra SMIC
Custom IC pipes
Some maniflold
Fuel pump + AFPR
AFC
Boost gauge/egt/mbc/etc
2g downpipe + custom exhaust
Some better tranny

Like i said, any help or suggestions would be very appreciated

www.hahnracecraft.com

/thread

The kid who bought my 2G NT off of me turboed it, and promptly blew it up a couple of weeks later. When he’s budgeting to do a turbo kit, he better be budgeting for an engine rebuild too. I’d go for the Hahn kit myself, although it can be a little pricy compared to others. That being said, if you have a built block 420A w/ a turbo on it, they perform well. The auto tranny is probably going to give you some headaches once you start making more power.

It’s probably still cheaper to just sell the NT and buy a turbo car though.

Yeah Just buy a 1st gen if your looking to go fast for not soo much. AWD is awsome

Originally posted by pyro45

we’re not doing it to be cost effective, we’re doing it to be a fun project and to work on his car.

star performance by far makes the best kit to do it. i could make you the manifold if you get me all the flanges. you’ll be looking around 250 bux for it.