WTB. 2.5 sentra spev v motor.

Picked up a super cheap 03 spec v today with a screwed motor. Dont know what Im going to do with the car. If i can find a cheap motor I will fix it.

japan direct
car-part.com

happy hunting

GTi-R swaP?

Do this cause those motors blow up constantly, and at least youll have some nice power.

Its something I will look into, but I really know nothing about these cars, but the deal was just too good to pass up. I dont want to drop a lot of money on it either. I will save that for when I find another good 240.

gti-r swap it, if you got a good deal, you will be able to make money, even if you buy the gti-r motor (cheaper then a 2.5) and pay someone to swap it, drive it, then flip it.

1500 for a motor swap, couple hundo for a tranny, front mount stuff… so were at like 2 grand… 2500 in labour… were at 4500 right there. theres one on here for sale for 5000 with extras and cleaner paint. I dont see your logic.

his logic makes perfect sense. the qr25de is a piece of shit even if you buy one from the junkyard chances are its going to go. My brothers friend had a spec v he bought brand new and guess what he babied it and the motor still popped at 80 000 km he treated it really nice royal purple and all that, it’s a shame they can call that mexican piece of shit a nissan its in the same cateogry as a neon… anyway gtir swap is cheap the motor is around 1100 with a tranny and labour is more like 1000 for an engine swap. Why would you buy something like that if you don’t plan on doing the labour your self anyway :S haha you should sell it to me :slight_smile:

don’t look into another engine, I had a 02 Sentra and i went through 3 engines, now i have a 240 coupe and life much better, if you really like the body of that car look into putting a SR into it or go big VQ. so many good options out there. or best bet yet, part the car collect what you can and go buy a 240 :). good luck with the engine hope you don’t end up like me 10K+ later to learn my lesson. The odd thing is that the Sentra has so many problems and the Altima didn’t have so many.

sentra is made in mexico, altima is Tennessee either way nissan has scared me away from the 2.5… its either go big or go home nissan doesn’t make good cheap cars anymore…

I bought it for the simple fact that it was cheap and I could A) fix the head gasket myself, if that’s all it is. B) find a cheap replacement motor C) Sell the damn thing and make some money. I in no way have a thing for sentras, I think they are pretty girly looking if you ask me, although the spec v is a bit more respectable. I drive a 97 Acura el right now with and aging body and 336 000 km’s and thought if the sentra was an easy fix it could be a new little car to beat around in. The sentra its self is red, 212 000km’s, black back bumper, gxe? front bumper, minor scratches, clear coat flaking, short shifter, magnaflow cat right off the manifold, fart can, some useless ugly 17rims (would really like to know where the spec-v wheels went), lowering springs, wheel spacers. It still runs, just like crap. I am in no way a mechanic, but it could possibly be a head gasket or something a lot worse. I in no way plan to put loads of money into this thing. If someone can provide a list of what is needed for a gti-r swap and a REALISTIC price, it would be considered. I can do the mechanical labour myself (removal of old engine, tranny, new motor mounts, install of new drivetrain) what I can’t do and what would have probably have to pay for is electrical and turbo stuff.

good luck then

Good luck with what? I said if someone can provide a realistic price of what it would cost me to swap it, I would consider. If you claim I can make money off it even after swapping it, break it down and show me some numbers?