wtb Chevy V6 parts

I doubt ill get anything here but ill try it anyways…
I need push rods and lifters for a 2.8 v6
I know theres a few chevy guys on here
help lol

GM 3.1 is the same.

so 3.1 pushrods and lifters will work with the 2.8? This is the sideways motor not rwd. if so then im allset

2.8 and 3.1’s are pretty much the same engine, just different bores I believe. Cross referance some part numbers.

1991 Isuzu Pick up came with a 3.1

I tried searchin parts numbers no one sells em locally… I got a 3.1 i might just pull em and try matching em up…

I think Performance Auto Warehouse (PAW) sells 2.8 stuff in their catalog.

I seem to remember that from when I has a 2.8.

what kind of FWD 2.8? Aluminum head or iron?

Aluminum heads… Just picked up a Nice Rare Beretta Gtu. Im doing heads and head gaskets but it needs push rods and lifters. I have a 3.1 I could swap in but id like to stay correct with the 2.8…

ya do realize that the pushrods are diff lenghth on these motors . the intake and exh have diff lenghths . the 2.8 -3.4 lt have the same rods but be carefull when installin em i belive the intake is the shorter pushrod

oh and run the 3.1 intake setup and heads as it flowed better , than the 2.8 did . keep the 2.8 lt lower end in it

word ill have to remember that when doing it. I deff plan on keeping the 2.8 its got a fully rebuilt bottom end wit reciepts. I also have new 2.8 heads I was gonna use and a new port and polished 2.8 intake I was gonna use aswell. u really think the 3.1 heads and intake will make a difference?

NO. The early RWD 3.1l came with cast heads that usually cracked and a junkass TBI intake manifold. Johns thinking of the newer FWD (3100) 3.1’s which came with aluminum heads and the mpfi intake like the ones in the buicks/pontiacs.

not r.w.d he is usin so my post is correct :thumbup

True but the obd-1 rwd 3.1 is closer to the 2.8 he is using since his cars a 89’. I believe his may even be TBI.

he isnt throttle body , his is multi port it just isnt tuned port , its a batch fire setup .

Ahh gotcha.

iron head 2.8 like slowmarrow said have equal length pushrods… totally different setup and is poop, dont flow for crap, any aluminum setup outflows the shit out of the iron. any aluminum top end 88-93 2.8-3.1 lifters+ pushrods are what u need, I+E are different lengths but its not too hard to figure out. going from 2.8 heads/intakes to 3.1 wont really make any power. They stopped making 3.1s around 94 when the first SFI 3100 (small port they call it) came out w/ roller cam setups. You can steal the 1.6 rockers off those engines for the 2.8/3.1 and free up some power. I’d toss the 2.8 and go 99+ 3100/3400 they make around 220/220 with a tune i can get you. GTUs are actually nice cars is it 5 speed or auto?

yea its like a BS tuned port setup, injectors dont really pulse individually they kinda pulse together with 2 banks, Strange that SBCs are true tuned port , they run the same 727 ecm as the MPFI 2.8/3.1s. Its all in the prom and engine harness i guess.

Its a auto… Its deffinatelly a sweet car ive wanted one of these for alot of years and when i knew i had the chance i went for it… The 2.8 thats in it has a build on it so im trying to keep it in there specially cuz of the new Aluminum heads I have and port and polished intake manifold… I would love to find a quad cam 3.4 from z34 lumina and transplant that in there but im going to stay correct for what it is atleast for now… got lucky cars in great shape with no rust…