WTB Forester or WRX stock springs, struts, and top plates

am trying to get my hands on some factory Forester or WRX Springs, Shocks, and top plates (full assembly) to put on the STI for the winter to give me a little more ground clearance and hopefully help protect the bumper, etc from being damaged. There’s really no need for hard cornering in the winter so the loss of “performance” isn’t going to bother me… lol. And I’m hoping it shouldn’t throw the alignment off TOO much to have to worry about it.
If anyone has anything laying around please let me know… the cheaper the better

Get forester shit if u will be higher than stock.

yea, I’d prefer the forester stuff but it depends on price. The WRX stuff would put me plenty high enough.

I’ll just take the ones out of Caryn’s Forester LOL, she will never notice!

i thought we already discussed this shit…you are not changing out your springs every year…so pointless…you will have no issue getting around…keep this shit up and i’m not giving you your wheels

I believe a pow wow at kkd tavern tonight is in order.

LOL Drew wins.

where’s vlad…+rep for posting again hahaha

lol. It wouldn’t be just the springs. Swapping out the entire assembly is a 20 min job and with the WRX springs I wouldn’t have to worry about the alignment because it really wouldn’t throw it off enough to worry about. But it would give me clearance to not destroy my bumper on these wonderful streets.

i’m not sure i understand what exactly you think you’re going to destroy your bumper on??? and by only chaging out the spring and struts how do you figure it won’t change your alignment that much with how much you say it will be raising the car up…higher than factory ride height for the sti not to mention you’ll be completely changing the drive angle

We all know that the town plows absolutely suck and when I go to work the roads usually aren’t plowed very well (if at all) especially in Voorheesville by my work. Add to that the people who plow their driveways and leave the drifts in the road. One good drift hit to the bottom of the bumper and instead of ~$100 in springs/struts I’m not looking at $200+ for the bumper and another $200+ to paint it. I know that the little bit of height won’t guarantee anything, but I’ll be a hell of a lot safer than I am now with it.

And I know that the alignment will change, but it shouldn’t be drastic for the small amount I want to bring it up.

It will change it a lot more than you think though…along with throwing it into positive camber and your gonna wear through those snow tires like butter…so plan on spending another $400 on them lol and thats on the low end

I’m coming over with a stop watch. :ninja

Ive never had a problem driving lowered cars in the snow. My si lip survived the winter just fine

Just drive without a front bumper

Or just drive the car

Buy a winter beater

Kenny, just drive the thing. If you’re that concerned, you shouldn’t have bought it as a daily.

I bought it as a daily with the plan of throwing some factory suspension on her for the winter. But if its going to be more of a hassle than its worth I’ll just rock it how it is and deal with any issues when / if they happen.

it’s gonna be more of a hassle then it’s worth.