WTB: Honda Big Brake Kit

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:17,topic:28594"”]

Prety much what i wonder… I have a 3200lb slug, yea it stops good with my brembo blanks and axxis ceramic pads, but after a few hard stops going into the swervies those things get stupidly weak, and id like to be able to kick abs on at 60 or so… :wink:

[/quote]

Try Carbotech XP-12s.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20394&highlight=carbotech
Personally, I use NAPA blanks and just change them with the pads. For as many people swear by Brembos twice as many just buy cheap Chinese rotors.
Who uses ABS for performance? It’s a safety feature, next time pop out the ABS fuse. Many passenger car companies don’t program the controller to optimize threshold braking.

Did you put K-Sport/D2 (same company) in the same sentence with really good?

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:17,topic:28594"”]

Prety much what i wonder… I have a 3200lb slug, yea it stops good with my brembo blanks and axxis ceramic pads, but after a few hard stops going into the swervies those things get stupidly weak, and id like to be able to kick abs on at 60 or so…

[/quote]

This is not what was said in the 1st post. You should have stated what you have and where you would like to go and what you have looked into. Then we could have helped. Also you sould have posted all the above information in gen auto and once you had the information THEN post a WTB:, but that is my train of thought. What are the people on HT doing.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:22,topic:28594"”]

This is not what was said in the 1st post. You should have stated what you have and where you would like to go and what you have looked into. Then we could have helped. Also you sould have posted all the above information in gen auto and once you had the information THEN post a WTB:, but that is my train of thought. What are the people on HT doing.

[/quote]

I just want to know if someone is selling some calipers that bolt onto a honda… Thats it. And I never went on HT, dont have a account, and no desire to do so, theyre all assholes there…

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:21,topic:28594"”]

Try Carbotech XP-12s.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20394&highlight=carbotech
Personally, I use NAPA blanks and just change them with the pads. For as many people swear by Brembos twice as many just buy cheap Chinese rotors.
Who uses ABS for performance? It’s a safety feature, next time pop out the ABS fuse. Many passenger car companies don’t program the controller to optimize threshold braking.

Did you put K-Sport/D2 (same company) in the same sentence with really good?

[/quote]

Im not looking for pads, im looking for nice looking and performing calipers.

I know what ABS is and does… I pulled the wire on my ABS in my cavvie, but the ABS on my accord auctually is nice on dry pavement, it helps save my ass when im barreling into a turn at 80… The ABS fuse also kills power to the stability controll and whatnot…

And yes, i did… I like the D2 and K-Sports… They look nice, and how bad can they be? I know… theyre the same company and are made in taiwain?

ur the one saying that u want REALLY GOOD brakes, and then u go and make a statement,

:ham: take advise from fairgentleman z, he knows his shit and he races cars so i think he would know better then anyone what u should be looking for

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:24,topic:28594"”]

They look nice, and how bad can they be?

[/quote]

Flawless logic

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:23,topic:28594"”]

I just want to know if someone is selling some calipers that bolt onto a honda… Thats it. And I never went on HT, dont have a account, and no desire to do so, theyre all assholes there…

[/quote]

welcome to the internet(thank you al gore), your life is not going to be easy with the amount of desire you have… to reach your goal.

i am going to stop, because this thread is making my brain hurt.

yeah, what this comes down to is that ur not gonna find REALLY GOOD parts(especially brakes) cheap. Just get Stainless lines and good brake pads.

Oh, and learn how to drive. It sounds to me like ur relying too much on ur brakes and just slamming on them through corners. Be more fluent in ur driving. brake gracefully and before u get into turns. Braking hard at 60 and kicking into abs is generally not a good idea. especially on public roads. its a good way to get rear-ended

this has to be a joke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-Caliper-Covers-CIVIC-CRX-DEL-SOL-RX7-MIATA-MX6_W0QQitemZ150109559533QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33563QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:28,topic:28594"”]

yeah, what this comes down to is that ur not gonna find REALLY GOOD parts(especially brakes) cheap. Just get Stainless lines and good brake pads.

Oh, and learn how to drive. It sounds to me like ur relying too much on ur brakes and just slamming on them through corners. Be more fluent in ur driving. brake gracefully and before u get into turns. Braking hard at 60 and kicking into abs is generally not a good idea. especially on public roads. its a good way to get rear-ended

[/quote]

I just want good brakes…

I want to be able to stop fast if i need to, thats it. I dont fuck around with other cars around, and i sure as shit dont hold the brakes during corners, im back on it by then :wink: The abs never really turns on… my brakes cant lock up the tires above 30. I never really need to lock them up, but it would be nice to know i could…

lol @ ze0daze

this thread screams waste of money.

i give up

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:31,topic:28594"”]

I just want good brakes…

I want to be able to stop fast if i need to, thats it. I dont fuck around with other cars around, and i sure as shit dont hold the brakes during corners, im back on it by then :wink: The abs never really turns on… my brakes cant lock up the tires above 30. I never really need to lock them up, but it would be nice to know i could…

[/quote]

huh, was there a day in high school that you did not get a wegie? I was going to leave you alone but… you have been marked now.