WTB: Ice Racer RWD

Anything RWD for under 500$ that runs well and has decent brakes. Thanks boys.

get a chevette :smiley:

you MORON… u could have had the 929 for nothing, it would have made a nice ice racer… buy a damn scirocco or something.

I didn’t know a scirocco was a RWD. Im prety sure it’s front wheel drive. If you want a scirocco I got one for sale it 5 speed and it runs I don’t know how many k’s it’s got but I know it runs and drives! $500.00 obo takes it and I have a 1992 crown victoria V8 with 180,000 km’s for sale $695.00. That’s a fun car in the snow V8 RWD!

haha thanks guys but another key is lightweight. Gotta be really lightweight to be competitive, with like a 48/52 weight distrobution i would think.

Scirocco is a VW and FWD. So are Corrados, even though due to popular belief, they are no RWD!!!

im fully aware that sciroccos are FWD, they are good ice racers tho. thats why i suggested it.

i would get an FB. cheap, light, rwd, almost 50/50, and no torque.

sorry, I meant to quote Toronto240sx

check the Autotrader for pre-89 Toyota Corollas. Cheap, lightweight, RWD

pre 88, since the 87 is the last RWD corolla, and that was the AE86. The 88+ are all FWD. Just don’t get a SR5, Those are too shit.
Besides, good luck getting a AE86 at this time, after Initial D, their value jumped.

CLEARLY get a fox body mustang with a 4 banger. light, cheap, RWD…

or a chevette… same deal.

or an old datsun 510 if u find a cheap enough one

oh oh… VW beatle. RWD tyte.

or, ford pinto… chevy vega.

ah or u could go JDM tyte, get an FCRX7… or hell, a TWOFORTYSX! hah

If your looking for a cheap AE86 (Corolla GT-S) Check out www.dorikaze.com its my buddies forum and there might be a couple of fixers available!

Look around, also check out club 4AG, not sure of the site, its out of the states but if you ask some questions they might have some contacts on our side of the boarder!

Oh and FYI if your checking autotrader make sure your looking for a GTS from 85-87, make sure you search for a GTS cause they made both FWD and RWD models at that time!

Head

Hey Sasha, I stopped into a garage a couple weeks ago because I saw an 86 87 GTS. It was for sale and 5 spd, but was really rusted out. The mechanic kid would probably let it go for cheap.

If you want me to check further into it, PM me.

damm, I’ll check if its still there, before I got the 240 I looked at a 323 GTX at 10 north and 89 outside shelbourne(?), shitbox might still be there. if it was rotted then (in a backyard)it couldn’t be worth $500

thats what would likely be best, GTX’s kick ass!

sh!t I’d be interested in the gtx

You might also consider a pre… 86 (not sure on the year) celica. I know mine is the first FWD/AWD celica.

165k, 88 celcia AWD turbo?–>Tony 519-496-8358

on the toyota for sale board at the factory

sorry its for sale by tony, not jim

hey! is that the one on king street, heading downtown hamilton? its two tone grey/black? looked ok every time i pass by, never really stopped to take a good look… if it is, maybe i’ll go look at it sometime this week…

hey! is that the one on king street, heading downtown hamilton? its two tone grey/black? looked ok every time i pass by, never really stopped to take a good look… if it is, maybe i’ll go look at it sometime this week…[/quote]

Yup, that sounds like the same one. It was very rusted, I’ve dealt with rust buckets before but this one i would not touch. Unless you are a body man with a lot of spare time on your hands, this might only be an off road car (and not for very long).

That was what I saw anyways, you may have a different opinion.