WTB: Reliable Winter Car

I’m specifically interested in a small (preferably imported) car which is good on gas, low horsepower, front wheel drive/all wheel drive/four wheel drive.

No RWD unless its a celica or corolla or something wicked like that ;] NO I don’t want an S13.

Must have no rust or VERY (I mean VERY) little rust. Let me know what you have and what you’re asking.

I’d really like to find a decent Toyota Tercel 4WD (wagon or whatever). I’d also like a Subaru Justy but most of them are rust buckets.

5 spd preferred but I just need something so offer what you’ve got! Thanks guys!

how much are u willing to pay? my dad has a perfect winter beater for sale, come and test drive it. ill see whats the lowest he can give it to you for. lol

marc what is it? and jon i found you one…your gonna love this…ill pm it to you…

Brock

There’s always my old one from last year…

if its a winter car whats wrong with some rust?

do you honestly care or are you trying to get your post count up?

I’d rather drive a rusty car in the summer than in the winter. At least in the summer it wont keep spreading. If it’s rusty in the winter the salt is just a catalyst for more rust.

So I get 3 responses and nobody tells me what the hell the car is or how much they want? WTF :slight_smile:

Brock, didn’t get a PM from you

Ya guys, what you got/??

you son of a----

I fyou have a rust free summer car, it’ll stay rust free for ever, if you have a rust free winter car, it’ll eventually rust.

got a 92 civic, has a few dints and has the usual eg rust around the rear wheel well. comes etest, new rad, brakes, exhuast, good all season tires.

needs windsheild. Motor ticks and burns out. Been like that for 40000km+ drives like a champ in the snow. Still get 500km+ a tank ful.

$800

car is flatblack.

will fix the dents and fix rust for $1000.

pics, when cardomain stops being stupid.

John and Benson, you both know what I have… :evil:

do you honestly care or are you trying to get your post count up?

I’d rather drive a rusty car in the summer than in the winter. At least in the summer it wont keep spreading. If it’s rusty in the winter the salt is just a catalyst for more rust.[/quote]

I was just curious, usually when I hear "winter cars’ they are usually cheap loads that get you around in the winter. If it has rust just POR15 it and you dont have to worry about the cancer spreading. Then take the money you saved on the cheap load you bought and throw it into your 240.

what the heck is por15?

por15 is a rust paint, it stands for “paint over rust” . It seals itself to the rust preventing oxygen and water to get in there thus stops rust from spreading, its really good stuff.

interesting I’ll look in to that.

where do you get it around here?

stevens automotive, I’ll bring a can with me when I come get the STB’s so you can check it out.

cool thanks :slight_smile:

speaking of which. I hate Megan.

Slowly but surely though…

what is your price range? i have a black on black 5 speed passat vr6, lots of new parts, check auto trader, these cars sell for over $4500

see my sig for rides, the passat is probably the best for winter, i dorve it no prob last winter, and its decent on gas if u don’t floor it all the time (the car is fast)

ok i gotta 1989 VW Jetta its got mint interior half leather and half cotton(i think) the car is white has 179km its automatic and she has surface rust allarond but i can slightly repair it for you and primer is over so it doesnt rust further on, the car has JBL 6’ speakers in the rear and a JVC deck, I promised i would hold it for somone but I cant right now so the price is
$650 as-is OR
$800 with rust repaired
PM me with you Email if you want pics