summer is almost over...

ok theres like 2 weeks of summer left now then its slowly gonna get darker and cool down. once winter come does anyone have the hard decision of deciding to drive their car in the snow or not? im planning on driving mine… hope it doesnt turn into a rust bucket next spring lol.

Not a chance in hell!! I had to go just about to Florida to get mine so it would be rust free so it’s not going anywhere in the winter!

I drove mine last winter and all sorts of rust popped up. Trust me, it’s not worth it. Fork over $1000 for a beater.

hahaha you guys dont seem to happy about winter coming up… the only reason i decided to drive this winter is because i plan to get a new paint job next year or so same with new fenders and everything. right now the car is 85 percent rust free so im not too worried about it getting too bad…

Summer doesn’t end until Oct. 15 at the earliest. :finga:

Whats a Winter Beater?

Trust me, if you have rust now, it will spread twice as much. Don’t do it!

haha ok looks like i wont do it then. out of all the cars i ever owned i only driven 1 of them during winter.

Pretty much anything that honda or Toyota makes… :finga:

A 240sx hahahaa :finga:

Does Alberta use salt on their roads? :rolleyes:

yes

alot

what are you talking about … i wish it was only salt … they throw rocks at the road too, this is the only province ive seen that ur allowed to drive with a cracked windshield. Idont know if im driving mine this winter yet and thats cause my work is literally like 10 blocks away in the downtown area which is clear most of the times … but even so im thinking on buying a beater

Pretty much anything that honda or Toyota makes… :finga:[/quote]

Because you don’t want to get stuck on the side of the road because your unreliable POS broke down. So you buy a quality car, like a honda or toyota. :finga:

Pretty much anything that honda or Toyota makes… :finga:[/quote]

Because you don’t want to get stuck on the side of the road because your unreliable POS broke down. So you buy a quality car, like a honda or toyota. :finga:[/quote]

I think he mainly means because when it does breakdown you can just leave it on the side of the road and walk away from it because it’s not worth saving!!! :finga:

PS - I really like supra’s and would have no problem driving an Integra Type-R (this is all in good fun and no one should get pissed off)

try and find an AE86 corolla to winter drive. weld the diff and have winter fun!

I’ve driven my s14 in the winter, with a cracked winshield, where there is no salt and only rocks :? . Hehe this is the most reliable car i’ve driven. . .

I drove my 180 last winter and now I have rust forming inside my wheel wells. When I got the car it was absolutly rust free. I’m prog gonna drive a 1970 chev pickup this winter “banjo strums in the distance”

I buy a >$500 car each winter. They have all been tiny 4 bangers, so they are good on gas and take regular. Sure they are ugly, smelly and rusty but it does the trick. It’s nice havig a car for at least half a year that you can park wherever you want wihout worrying, bag to shit and noot wash for months on end.

About half of the have made it through the entire winter too, which isn’t a bad track record!