WTB: Integra Tranny

Let me say First IM A HONDA NOOOB
Looking for something to play with for the GSR… I’m a noob when it comes to trannys so I want to rip something apart throw in a LSD then put it on the Teg.(figure a Honda tranny is probably an easy tranny to learn on) its my DD so I don’t want any down time. and its on the stock clutch at 130K so I figure If/When I need the clutch I throw the new tranny in.

also even if you dont have a tranny… what other trannys will mount to my b18 block… so I know what I sould be looking for… is there any that came stock with an LSD… can I mount a RSX tranny in so I can have 6 speed or is that not possible?

thx Mike

a jdm type r tranny i believe comes with lsd stock. that would prob be your best bet.What are you doing with your gsr tranny??

not sure… Ill probibly sell it off when its out… wont be in the near future. or keep it as a spare… it is smooth like butter with no grinds.

every B series tranny will mount up except for the OLD B20 that was in the prelude in the late 80’s early 90’s

the B16 the GSR and type R all came with LSD as an option

and NO you cant use the RSX tranny on a b series engine

I think a type-r tranny is identicle to the b16, just has lsd added on. all type-r have lsd, iirc.

you would want to go with either another gsr, B16 or ITR trans for gearing reasons, anything else would be a downgrade into taller gearing

how much are you looking to spend? I might end up getting a complete gsr swap for my civic but i just want the motor, will be looking to get rid of the trans

why don’t you just put lsd on your gsr tranny? Ls tranny isn’t worth it unless you’re turboed or want to save gas mileage.

plus, there’ll really be no downtime because once you have the tranny out it only takes another hour to put in the lsd.

Funny as soon as I start thinking about doing anything to it I get a possible buyer… so thanks for the offers I may hold out…

and nothing mecanical ever goes like it should… altho I didint relize the other trannys have taller gearing I might have done it for the MPG…

And i was looking for somthing in the few hundred price range… some one offered me a 98 GSR tranny for 800 but alittle more then I wanted to spend.

im that guy ^

the gsr trans is the “in between” gear ratio wise. the ITR and b16 are very short, the LS is the longest of the bunch. the GSR is a good compromise between the two