WTB: Jetta parts (big surprise!)

I think I’ve pretty much tapped everyone on here with available parts, but if anyone knows of or has a Jetta front bumper cover/bumper support let me know.
A bumper cover that’s already Tornado Red would make my day. :excited
I just want to save as much money as I can and prefer not having to pay to get a bumper painted.

JVG - Yes I know you have a ghetto bumper, and I will take it if I can’t find one that’s already painted. :tongue

check vortex or rofl, i’m sure someone will have something over there.

I can paint all those parts for your entire front clip for you if you want. Let me know, I dont see paint costing you more than $200-300 for materials to do the door, hood, bumper and fenders. A full pint is close I bet for the entire job. We should shave the notch and the side markers while we are at it too!

Are you any good? :tongue

The side markers don’t really bother me actually.
For right now the hood can stay black and I don’t even care. So for the sake of money/materials right now I’m just worried about the door skin, fender, and bumper if I can’t get a painted one.
This also means I should get to work sanding them down and getting them primered, huh? :lol

Dude please tell me you have a booth.

Don’t you have to paint the door skin after it’s already on the door?

I have no idea? Why should that make a difference?

No not yet… or I would have already helped you paint your car. sorry.

I have a room in my basement sealed off with a vent system so i can do parts. Or I could bug the shit out of my father to use his garage to do bigger parts.

When you do a door skin yes it should be painted after it is already attached to the door or else your going to fuck up the paint work you just had done. SRSLY go somewhere and have it done the right way don’t half ass it.

Nicole, I’m pretty good with spray cans. And Schenectady Autobody will make color matched paint in spray cans. I work for baked yummies. PM me.

:rofl

I’m trying to, it’s in my other thread. :lol

So pretty much, no one has a bumper then?
We can probably merge this or lock it up in that case.

Yeah, I am good. Like everything I do i take my time and do it right. I am not a pro, but sofar I painted 5 cars a truck, a dump truck, and tons of bumpers, hoods, fenders, and lots of stuff for my car. I have pics of the ranger bed for my brothers truck that we just got done shaving the gas door, stake pockets, taillights and a full skin with a flushed in LED strip for lights. All tig welded and came out great.

The door, hood and fenders I gave you are painted just fine, you dont need to worry about rust or anything if that what you mean. Dont sand it until we/you are ready to paint. At that time, wet sand to 400 grit and grey scotch bright the tight spots, then we lay a primer.

She doesnt have to detatch the skin or anything… just bolt the entire door I gave her on the car… and paint the jams.

nicole dont go cutting and welding the two together. :slight_smile:

Noooo, I wasn’t cutting or welding anything. F that. :lol

just makin sure. Did you already put the door and parts on? casue if you want me to paint them for you, it would be easier to paint the door and the hood off the car! and at that point the rest of the parts would be better off the car too.

Mike do you still have that drivers door?

Nothing is on the car yet, I just cleaned out the garage so I can get the car in there and start ripping it apart.

Sure do bud. I texted him back today, I guess he will come out this evening. Thanks for the help BTW.

Cool. I will try to find some time this week and take a swing down and give you a hand for a little while. I also told VOTVOT I would help him too for a bit, and I have a civic hood/bumper to paint for a friend… but later this week i might/should have time.

I already have a sucker to come help me tear shit apart. :rofl

Excuse me?