WTB: Kayak

I want to buy a kayak. Of course I should probably get rid of my stook first. But, lmk what you have. Either in this thread or PM. Thanks. <3

i am looking for 2 of them, so after he finds one, i also want one lol

I have been looking for a while and have tried a few. Dicks has the best prices hands down.

I don’t have one for sale, but I strongly urge you to narrow down your choices as to what type of paddling you intend on doing. There are a lot of different types of kayaks out there; some of which will absolutely suck at some things, while being excellent at others.

Are you looking to do whitewater (Class III+)?
Are you looking to do rivers up to class II)?
Flat smaller lakes?
Distance paddling?
Open water paddling where you may be exposed to winds or wave action?
Is dry storage important?

Most certainly! So much cheaper than EMS, and even cheaper than many of the CL posts.

I’m mainly looking to use it to go out on small lakes, large ponds, creeks, whatever, maybe Lake Erie. I’d also be cool with using it for fishing
I’d never trust myself with hitting white water, I’m a fucking failure at life, and that wouldn’t end well.
I’d also be cool with spending a day out on it and going a good distance.
I’d be storing it in the back room of my home, as well.
Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Often, the ones at EMS are designed better than the ones found at Dick’s. They will tend to track better which will require less effort to reach your destination.

You get what you pay for.

don’t get anything to long, My buddy let me use his 12 ft and I HATE it. its sooo tippy and hard to get through tight spaces.

What is a good kayak size/style for basically just small lake and calm waters? I’m 6’1 185 if that matters

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4316396&jsessionid=pp4vNLTLn2CJm4FbjpRgZTHmLjLw8h19w2JNlhBzr1K8sG7mTLfY!-9451141&ab=TopNav_Outdoors_WaterSports_Kayaks&cp=4413993.4417832.

ive kayaked on lake erie, through caz creek and some other creeks in west seneca/southbuffalo after heavy rains with decent rapids to small streams in the hills all in this exact kayak

They are by no means the fastest/ most comfortable kayak on the market but they are durable as hell,cheap, and are still pleasent to ride for hours in every type of terrain. The high sidewalls are good if your on the lake or in rapids because water doesnt get in as easy.

your head is so large it will off your balance and flip you upside down <3

I was looking for the same thing essentially last summer. Ended up getting a Wildnerness Systems Pamlico 120. it’s a 12 footer. I went through EMS and got it on sale for far under what the retail price was. My wife got a Perception Prodigy 10 (10 footer) from a local (as in VT) business for around $300 (display model). Between the two, I prefer mine. It tracks better which means less correcting and less wasting energy making sure you are going straight. It can go both faster, and maintain glide much better than the 10 footer. And I do not find the extra length to make it any less maneuverable.