WTB: modded S14

I know its really early to be looking for a car since most will be put away for the winter, but figured I would try anyways.

My fiancee and I are in the market for a modded S14, we have 2 cars in mind right now, but we wanted to see what else there might be out there. What we are looking for primarily is a clean S14 with the SR swap and no rust. When I say no rust I mean no body or chassis rust, some rust on the subframes or suspension components is to be expected, just nothing thats going to be major work. As for mods anything goes really, the more the better.

If anyone has something like this for sale please send me a PM with pics, specs and a price and we can talk.

Thanks

I recommend checking out some cars from Arizona…yeah thats far but you can expect cars with 0%rust as which your asking.

most 240sx will have rust…not HUGE rust but some will have minor spots…you can bet your left ass cheek on that. what your asking for seems to a pretty high standard quality 240.

me personally…would look at some cars downsouth.

but! hey thats me…you might find the 240 you want here with 0 rust!

good luck to you and your fiance with the search!

I know any car from up here this age is going to have some amount of rust, I just do not want a car that has rot. 2 cars I am looking at have some minor spots on them that is ok, I just don’t want a car that needs to have something cutout and repaired.

As for a southern car I looked into that, there are so many modded 240sx down south for cheap, but importing them is the problem. I called RIV to inquire about importing a modified car and they told me NO, I asked questions as to why and what limitations there are and it was a clear no no no, then they hung up on me. So importing anything but a stock car is not going to happen, too bad tho.

ouchh really? i deal with street rods thats what i build…and we look into that stuff all the time

guess theres a difference from new age modified cars and the old modifieds…

I think the issue is that its not over 15yrs old. Anything under 15yrs old must go into the RIV program and have to pass federal and provincial inspections and have been sold in the North American market, if you are talking about older cars over 15yrs old then you can import them much easier thats why guys are importing modded Skyline GTR’s without much issue.

dont tell them its modded, its stock as far as you know.
i dont know if u have read this http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

read that several times, there is much more than what that says. I think i read a thread here or on NEO about someone who imported a stock Kouki and went thru hell and that was for a stock car, he said if anyone were to import a modded car it would be even worse. Saying on a customs form that its stock is one thing, but when an inspector pops the hood and sees its far from stock they will likely deny importation of the car. Just talking with someone on the phone and getting absolutely no positive response, not even a glimpse of hope tells me its not going to happen.

How about a rough idea of how much you are looking to spend? 8K, 10K or 20K?

$12,500, but depending on the car maybe up to $15,000 if its got lots of work done to it.
Are you interested in selling your car KoukiS14? by the looks of your sig you have a nice car.

Contact Dip i know his s14 is up for grabs to the right buyer.

Sr, vmount etc etc

Going to see his car this weekend as well as another car in the area.

Lol, you might want to double that $12,500 figure if you’re seriously interested in his car.

Just keep your eyes open on trader.ca Once spring rolls back around there’ll be pleanty of local S14’s for sale. Be patient. Winter is the wrong time to buy a 240.

i take it koukiS14’s car is out of my league:)

we might end up waiting till spring, but it doesn’t hurt to look now…I’ve had more PM’s than I expected with some cars being very nice.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=23027

^thanks man

dips ride is sweet, very well built, very clean and alot of TLC went into that car, u will know what i am talking about as soon as u ride in it.

if u can find an s14 with an SR with NO rust for under 15K, i’d say jump on it, definitely worth the price.

I’d sell my car for the right price but nowhere near 12K :slight_smile:

Have a look at JDMRIDE’s 97 Kouki w/SR. I have seen it personally and the body is MINT no rust anywhere. The engine needs a tuneup but it runs well. A steal at his price.

We are going to see Victor’s car this weekend as well as Dip’s car and stinsons14 in hamilton. All 3 of them look like great cars at great prices, looking forward to seeing all of them.

DAMN STRAIGHT! not to mention the fresh rebuild and go fast goodies.