WTB: Nikon D40 or D40x or D50 or D60

Why does NYSpeed have an infatuation with Nikon DSLRs? I know of one member that has a Canon and that’s it. Oh well.

If you go to Batavia you can see the difference, and if it’s applicable. I’ll be shooting with a lens that doesn’t have VR, and Jim will be shooting with the same lens that does have it. Of course different bodies, but w/e.

guess it’s the type of shots you take, personally I hate how wide angle shots look so I never take anything at 18mm. But with that said sometimes you need it, which is why I’d want a 18-200 ideally.

but if i had a choice i’d def head out of the house with a 55-200mm over the 18-55mm any day

for zoom lenses, VERY important. That’s also if your lens has a good VR system though. Nikon has a good set up, and works very well for me.

I can take handheld shots 1/125 of a shutter right at 200mm and have them come out clearly. It’s an amazing tool. Just don’t leave it on when PANNING. aaaahhhhhhh. bad experience with that.

??

He tried panning with it on at Dunnville and the results were, lets say, less than desirable.

(2:54:29 PM) Adam: If you pan with VR on you’ll break your fingers

Jeez.

did the lense vibrate off of the body? :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember the first time I used a VR lens I thought the camera was broken

Yeah when I used it at Dunville, I ended up deleting almost 300 pictures. I could not figure it out at first. Rookie mistake I should not have made. Although I’ve never had a VR lens until just recently, so I didn’t know.

Paulo, did you shoot your panning pics with a tripod?

No. handheld. Was never a fan of using a tripod for that.

bump.

Putting it to work already =]

gay…I saved on tax by ordering online

man, I can’t wait to pirate that album