WTB:sr20

im planning to start up a project this summer…i was wondering what you guys think is a fair price for a SR20DET engine with say >40 000kms? thnks

For just an engine package… about $1800 to $2800 depending on various things.

Hmmm… how much for a transversely mounted setup from something like a GTi-R for my FWD B15 Sentra? Hmmm…

Hmmm… how much for a transversely mounted setup from something like a GTi-R for my FWD B15 Sentra? Hmmm…[/quote]

$1800.00 US from jdmsource here is Calgary, That is where I bought my bluebird sr20det from. Although he may give you a better price if you buy locally, he did for me.
Of course that price is only for the engine, now all the other items you need will run your bill up a bit.

i was plannin on spendin about 5-6gs so i think i will be ok.
thanks guys :thumb
oh by the way…does that jdm store have a website do you know?

Yeah, but the motor swap means you have an intercooled turbo engine equipped on the car and can work on it from there - which makes the performance to price ratio pretty damn high. Those GTI-R motors make 230 HP with stock boost and intercooler, so that’s a pretty vast improvement on the non SE-R Sentras. It’s just pretty damn impressive improvement over the 2.5L N/A cars. :smiley:

EDIT: jdmsource.ca

Oh yeah, I looked it up just for fun. 1200 USD, and it includes:
Engine/Transmission/ECU/Uncut Wire Harness/Igniter chip

That’s a pretty damn good price. If you could get a SE-R with a blown engine, this swap would be totally worth it!

Well you can’t use the transmission as it is awd, but this engine bolts right on to a se-r transmission. Sport compact magazine did a right up on what is required for the swap. That’s what i used as my guideline during my swap.

Here’s a link that i found of someone istalling a gti-r engine into a G20.

http://home.san.rr.com/gtirg20/

have any of you guys put a SR20DET into a 89-94 240sx before? if u have was there any kinda problems you ran into?

We will see in a month or two from know. If you want a helping hand when yours comes around I could help you. That is after i do mine so i know if i can do it easily enough

ok thanks…keep me posted with how yours goes

hey, i am looking into boosting my NX2k after driving with it from victoria to here. I NEED BOOST or at least a VE moter, if i were to get the boost moter i might have the need to ask for assistance and most likley a place that i can get a hand performing the swap, as i cannot even wash my car on condo property. is JDMsource.ca the best place to get the moter or is there even more of an option for me?

AutoDreams in Calgary. Some edmonton shops like to mess with people…

JDM source has great prices on engines, but from what I hear they make a sacrifice on quality.

so is auto dreams where i would bring the car to get it done? or is it where i would order the moter from and do you know if they would have the VE moters? i was hoping to make this a DIY project as i have friends who have done swaps in a day from pulling the stuff out to starting and running that evening.