WTB: VW Cabrio, or other year-round 'vert

My Dad’s looking for a new convertible and is ditching his sunturd (finally!). He is looking for something that can be driven year-round, and has a glass rear window with a defroster. A cabrio fits the bill perfectly. A Toyota Celica would be awesome too, but they are very hard to find in drop-top form. It doesn’t have to be too new. He drives a grand total of 4 miles a day, so there is no need for a $20K car for that task.

Keep your eyes open for me!

TIA

jj, im going to be putting my dad’s alfa up for sale here next week… if joe wants it he gets first dibs

its an 84, 52k, he’s the 2nd owner, newer clutch, exhaust, needs a lot of love but its a damn fun car… lmk

oh and classic car insurance ftw… he pays like $130/yr for it

I’d love the Alfa, however Dad needs this to be a year round car with small back seat, and a semi-decent trunk. What’s Big Frank Looking to get out of the old Ital?

he hasnt really said… i dont want to see it go. why do you know someone intrested or are you just wondering? :frowning:

I love my Mini Cabrio S convertible. It would be hard to find an S for around 10-15k but a regular Mini Cabrio could be had. They rock in the winter too.

i have a 1990 vw cabriolet for sale if interested its bright yellow white top 5spd 140k on the motor 15" bbs rims, lowered, new timing belt, new clutch, tune up, oil change, and new techtonics exhaust sounds real nice and gets great gas mileage if interested lemme know dont have pix yet but will eventually

I think he is looking for something a little more stock in the newer body style. He’s in his 50s. I showed him a few pics of some modded Cabbys, and he said they look like they ride terrible. A stock MK3 is perfect.

Mini’s are a little too new for what he’s looking for. He drives a grand total f 4 miles a day, so he really doesn’t need a $10000+ car.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Minis! I just drove my GFs '07 S to Tennessee, and had a blast. Just a little high end for what he needs.

I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320239813857&rd=1
But I don’t think he will do the color. Also, NG900s get expensive to run as they get older.