WTB: wood chips for kids play area.

I’m looking for wood chips and preferably not munch to use near the kids swing set, trampoline etc…

Brennen and CJ Krantz do not sell just plain wood chips.

For kids i would suggest rubber mulch man. It’s a little bit on the pricier side but well worth it for the safety of the kids.

My buddy has a pile he uses to convert to compost and / or mulch. Just basically untreated wood chips. He’s in Hamburg. Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks.

I couldn’t find “certified play mulch” anywhere local. However, I did get cypress wood chips from Russells on Transil in East Amherst. Cypress will not decompose like untreated mulch. I got 2 -3 yards for about $180. I bought approximately 40 bags of it.

dekar on here(i think thats his username, cant remember) his dad lives down the street from me and he cuts down trees. i think he has woodchips there.

We used to when my dad was doing more tree work, but we don’t anymore.

He is on a campfire wood kick right now. lol

You might be able to get plain wood chips from tree services for free, however it is going to take a bit of work on your part as there will be leaves and some small sticks mixed in. The leaves will dry up and blow away, but you will need to clean the sticks out.

The cypress chips that were mentioned isn’t a bad deal, they smell good, don’t rot as quickly, and when the kids get sick of the play ground, throw them around for landscaping. :wink:

I will look into the Cypress chips.
Seems like the easiest approach.

Edit: or this.

http://russellsny.com/photogallery/index.php?level=picture&id=408

Those chips look good. That is what ours looked like when we did large branches/trunks of trees in our chipper.