WTF: VOIP Providers In Here

We are going to overhaul the entire phone system in my office. We would like to go with a managed VOIP system. I know someone on here has to work for one of the companies locally that provide this. At this point we are giving an overview and accepting bids/quotes. We are fully wired Cat6 internally and NEED to get this system in place asap.

Pm me or reply here if you want in or have a friend that I should call.

:wave:

metoo :wink:

I will shoot you a PM, who do you work for?

Thanks for the Info. I will review it now and give them a call to come out and give us a quick walk through.

are you looking for a system, or a provider, or both ?

I’m looking for both, any suggestions?

it would be only for 6 phones, sorry about the hijack

for 6 phones i’d prob just get an outsourced provider (like vonage, but a business class provider), which i’ve never worked with.

we have a shoretel system at our offices, and its fucking awesome from both a management and end user standpoint. Not really cost effective for 6 phones though.

Who installed it Premcom? Shoretel is sweet till you try and do a look up on phone calls older then 3 months…

For SMBs a hosted VoIP solution it the way to go…not to mention someone goes on a business trip they can bring their phone along with them…

We have 40 phones and are going to require direct dial numbers, auto attendant and a host of management features. We (as in ME) don’t like to dick around with the phones so it will need to be a hosted system that if shit breaks I can make a phone call and have it fixed right away.

We will be dropping in a new t1 just for the phones and I will be setting up some rack space for the installers. It really will be an easy job for whoever we get to do it.

Yea, premcom did the initial install back when it was a hybrid analog/ip system (since our building was already wired for analog and IP phones were much more $$). We’re pretty much all IP now and we do all of our own upgrades and maintenance… we pretty much only pay a maint. fee for RMA’s. We actually have tossed around the idea of being a reseller ourselves since it is so f’ing easy to setup, but it’s tough to get a reseller license in our market.

Not sure what you mean about looking up phone calls past 3 months, never had an issue ? Maybe you’re refering to the fact that the backend was on access, which was fucking stupid slow… however latest rev is SQL.

If you’re getting a T1, you basically just want a PRI, and DID’s for your direct dial numbers… that has nothing to do with your phone system provider. In the case that it appears you are looking for just a system at this point, I highly recommend shoretel, I think the only two resellers around here are Premcom and Base1 (i think?). We worked with Premcom and the initial install was fine, but we’ve outgrown their customer support (as in we know more than their techs). But as previously mentioned it is HELLA simple to manage… if you want a tour of our setup you can feel free to contact me and stop by. I did the analysis for buying the system myself back in 2004 comparing it to the altigen and cisco systems, not sure if the numbers are still viable, but they should be close. We were very close in size to what you are now so it would be a very close comparison, if I recall the Altigen system had a bit lower initial cost than Shoretel, but after adding another 15-20 people the Shoretel system began being cheaper. Cisco was obviously way more than both.

Additionally, rack space-wise, the shoretel system in your specific size would be 1U or 2U for the phone switches plus whatever server you go with (a standard entry level 1U would be fine). It’s footprint is super tiny.

PMed asking for more information. I work for a Platinum Avaya Partner in Buffalo who does this daily. We have customers ranging from 4 phones to national customers such as Praxair and Sodexo who have sites all over the US.

Are you looking for a SIP trunk and a full VoIP solution or you just looking to take advantage of your data LAN and connect to your PBX over IP?

Also, are you looking for a local PBX solution for someone to manage or go with a hosted solution with no hardware on site?