VOIP or Time Warner

Its been a slow day at the office so I looked at our phone bill we have 4 lines and a fax line and painfully slow internet (786kbs).

All the calls are domestic with the internet it comes to $580 per month.

Time warner quoted me like $250 but with 5MB up

What else should I look at?

Time warner business class rocks. We will be installing VOIP this month, if you want, I’ll let you know how it goes. We bought our own phone server, so high initial cost but very low monthly.

NSFW?

F5

Phone server?

What brand equipment did you buy?

Dell

Im confused when you say VoIP and in house phone server…

Are you using SIP Trunking? or Still using PRIs into the building?

Vonage. Or PM Dozr about a corporate style voip solution (last I knew he worked at voipsupply.com)

SIP Trunking

I hate when people call me here when they have Vonage, its such a shitty connection.

vonage isnt shitty, some people try to run it on SHIT dsl…

my parents have it, and i cant tell they have it…

i could get a nice 3com VOIP solution for you guys if you want… just a thought

what is that? Is it going to cost more than Time warner? If so, whats the advantage?

TW offered you 4 lines + 5mb up? for $250 a month?

:lol: Vonage is only as good as your internet connection. Don’t you work for Verizon? If so, that would explain it. People calling with Vonage running on their shitty Verizon DSL connections. In the 4 years I’ve had Vonage the only times I’ve had bad connections was when I had the 384 up TW package and was trying to upload a lot while using the phone. Not Vonage’s fault I ran out of bandwidth though.

stnadalone VOIP hardware that connects to the PBX…

probably wouldnt work for what you guys are trying to do,

Vonage has a business class as well…

couple that with FIOS or TW and u should be good to go

yeah actually it was
225.75 for 5 down 386kbs up
265 for 5mb down and 786kbs up
305 for 6mb down and 1.5mbs up

I just ran a speed test and I am getting 637 kbs down and 373 kbs up right now

Only for one more day!

Sounds like a good deal…

Keep in mind…You need about 100k of bandwidth for each phone line so 500k if all 5 lines were active…If you try to go the Vonage route and probably a router that does QoS

Save $355 a month and get more bandwidth sounds a like win…

I work for ATT.