WTF xbox

I’ve had this thing for almost 13 months now, but dont use it a lot. It seems to be working normally except it cannot read my game disc when i put it in the DVD drive. I picked up Black Ops about 2 weeks ago but didnt have enough space to save it to my HD. Thing i overheated it or something?

Ask Vlad what he does to get his to work. I know it involves a foot, moving with centrifugal force.

Does it do two clicks when you put the CD in and says “open tray” in the main menu?

Mine did the same exact thing when I put the Black Op’s CD in for the first time.

It was standing vertical and I put it to the side and it worked fine for a few days and acted up again this morning, then it required some more physical input to get it to work.

What happens is there is a CD retainer clip that stops holding the CD down in it’s proper position, which is why I figured that putting it on the side was a better way. W

This is the 4th time my Xbox is acting up, and this is including being returned back from Mircrosoft for repairs.

But I’ve used mine heavily over the years.

• Vovchandr on JVG’s name.

If i go to “my xbox” the game is not preloaded already. I click ‘play dvd’ then it makes some noises and gets hung on the white xbox 360 screen. I have always used it with the system horizontal

EDIT: just got the error code when trying to play the game “Unrecognized Dsic: this disc is unreadable”

Sounds like a demotivational poster lol

Does it tell you “open tray” or does it give you the option of playing the game?

I presume it has the same reaction to a DVD as it does to a game.

White screen is unusual. Any error message at all or just hangs on a white screen without doing anything?

If the Xbox is turned on, and you’re in the main screen and you put a new disk in, what kind of noises does it make? Regular reading or random clicks?

I took the disc out and cleaned it, seems to work now… :shrug:

sometimes if you tap on over the top of the disk drive when it loads it moves that laser thing (it gets stuck sometimes). or it has something to do with the magnets inside that need to be replaced inside the actual disk drive

Xbox is junk. Problems answered

Mine would not read disk, i took my Gfs hair dryer and opend tray and shot some air in their and it cleaned it out, works mint now i think its just dust build up.

Thats just an idea to try if it happens again man gl.

yea same thing happend to me the day i put the black ops game in. it also did it with MW2. i usually just open and close the tray until it plays the disc.

i found a how-to online about this exact problem. it says go to your local best buy and purchase a product called a ps3 not sure what it is, but i guess they are having excellent results and the problem never comes back.

win :lol