WTFind: Welding/Fab shop job.

Looking for a weld job of some sort.
Fab set up, Machine shop, even anything in an automotive shop will work.
Can work on cars, although I don’t have formal experience or training regarding that.
However I do have completed training in MIG/TIG/FCAW (No Stick) @ Welding Training & Testing in Buffalo.
I can Spray MIG In Horiz/Flat doing 2G/2F or whatever you’d like.
SC-T in all positions. (Overhead I’m still practicing at however)
Same goes for TIG welding on Pipe. Can do mostly all to pass visual except 6G (Haven’t practiced that much, but I will in the next week or so… since I have no job at the moment so I basically live at WTTS practicing from 7am-10pm, lol). Haven’t done any Xray tests yet, so I don’t know if they will pass that… although I’m pretty sure. Can’t say for positive or not.
So name your test… and I can probably pass it… as long as it’s not Stick or 6G Pipe :o Not yet anyway… Give me until mid next week =]

Resume is available for those who would like to see it.
Although it’s pretty skimpy.
(Only had 1 job all my life since I held it from since I was 19 to a few weeks ago and schooling at ECC and WTTS)

Oh, full time is preffered.
I’ll work overtime probably up to 14-16hours a day, weekends I can do.
i’ll take anything atm really just to get experience.
But if it’s part time or low paying (sub $12-13/hr) don’t expect me to stick around if a good full time job offer comes along.
temp is fine.

I live in Lancaster at the moment, so… anything within 30-40 miles is fine with me.
Maybe even a little further I suppose.

If you have your own company, and just need someone to come in and do a few welds for you from time to time…
I can give you my number… and call me in when you’d like.
That’s fine as well, I’m just looking for anything really.

you might not want to make it so obvious that you are looking for a job to stick on a resume. It may make an employer feel like nothing more than a stepping stone…

Yeah, I figured that…
But I guess it also shows that I don’t care if it’s just a short job or whatever, and not long term.
Or at least that’s what I thought/was going for :stuck_out_tongue:
as I reread it though, figured it sounded pretty bad lol.

I use to teach at wtts, who was your instructor? Tom, Chuck or Skip? How’s that Paul Swatland doing?

Any ways, there is alot of jobs out there at the moment. If I was you, I would talk to Paul, see what he can find for you (it’s kinda his job).

Cool cool =) Paul is actually teaching us for the moment.
Skip is my usual instructor but he had a death in the family so Paul is filling in for a few days.
He’s a kinda weird guy sometimes (Paul)… lol, Friday he locked himself out of his office, so he broke in to his own office by going in the window outside to get in. That was a good way to spend an hour of our class time… :mamoru:
I graduate Wed… and if I don’t get any calls by then… hmm…
Seems like I’ll be spending a lot of time there still :]

They are moving to a new school on Broadway in Jan, with 20+ new machines.
I know 20 of them are Miller Dynasty 200DXs… They said there are 60 booths, not sure if they are putting a machine in all of them or not though.

I asked Paul about it, because the main reason I went to the school was to be with my father at API Basco on walden.
So I busted my butt off to be able to easily do their weld test… But now they’re full I guess. He just says his job is to give us the training and it’s our job to find them. They don’t recommend people to employers either he said…
Paul just seems really sketchy to me.
Seems to just tell people what they want to hear ;|

How long ago did you leave?
Skip talks about the guy that taught the night class before him sometimes.

I was there in August, that must be a new policy, I always helped place students, or at least passed along leads. Paul was a salesman for like 20 years, so it was his job to tell people what they want to hear. However, when people are looking to get a job, you should cut the bullshit and do your job. I think Paul is kinda sketchy too, hope he’s not on here, lol! Basco is weird, they will go for a while needing no help, then they will need like 6 welders.

I know all about the new school, saw the plans for it, listened to all the miller and Lincoln reps talk about what they can do for the school, blah blah blah ect ect ect. Should be a nice setup over there though.

Ah yeah, I don’t know if by him telling us that he won’t recommend us to employers or place us, if like… he means that we suck and we’re not good enough, or if they don’t really do that. But he did say it had something to do with favoritism like if they recommend one student very highly, but don’t recommend another student at all.

Yeah, they ended up going with Miller.
But the new Training DVDs they got… they got from some weird company, instead of getting the miller training DVDs that go with the machines… :S Skip was telling us about that earlier last week :X
Seems kinda… silly to not get the DVDs that match the machines students are using.

If Paul is on here and reads this, I’m sure I’ll know about it Monday! lol ;D

Ugh, now WTTS tells me I can’t go in until noon to practice.
So I’m bored now. rofl.

Anyone ever hear of Schrock Metal Products?