WTH: alignment at home

looking for someone to come do an alignment on my car at my home in depew. car is not driveable at the moment, hence the home service.

let me know if you can help out and price. thanks.

Is it undrivable due to a FUBAR current alignment?

I really dont even think thats possible…

Edit:Thats actually the most Retarded thing i have ever heard. You obviously have no Idea what it takes to do a proper alignment on a car…

And you obviously just have no idea.

Many race guys will do their own alignments using stringing methods with very good and fairly accurate results.

And Joe, were are in the works of setting up a good stringing method at the shop because we fuck with our alignments way too much.

^^Im sure it’s Barely accurate. If it was that easy/accurate everyone would do their own. I have no faith in whatever that is…

manup go to a shop or dealer, no home done alignment is going to be done asgood as one done on a alignment rack

sure you can string it if you know what you are doing and have a nice level place and all the tools…

but to pay somebody to do this for you will cost more than taking it to a shop.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GmSearchResults.aspx?entqr=0&access=p&getfields=*&entsp=0&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&ie=UTF-8&client=smi_frontend&q=alignment+tools&num=10&filter=p&ud=1&site=smi_collection&oe=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=smi_frontend&ip=192.168.100.10&proxyreload=1&start=10
You sir have NO idea what your talking about …

nice try tough guy, his fucking car is not driveable! apparently reading>you, im sure if he could drive to a shop he would.

String method can be very very accurate. Don’t knock it.

yes, long story short, the way i have to jack it up to get it off the ground kills the alignment everytime. and now i dont care to have to drive it to a shop as i dont think its safe…not to mention the whole kit is molded and prolly cant get on many lifts if any.

if you can hook me up, id appreciate it! it doesnt need to be 100% perfect, just close enough. i dont plan to own the car much longer anyway, and i drive it maybe 200 miles this year anyway

says the guy too cheap to grab an engine from the junk yard

:fail:

im getting a motor tommorow so ha! and fyi i do alignments at work, and you should be able to get it aligned enough to drive to the nearest shop

even if it works…it’s not worth it considering a wheel alignment at a shop is like 59bucks…this thread is dumb

LMAO…
Why not just fix the car and then take it to a shop? :slight_smile:

i used to do all my own alignments… on my old beetle and rabbits… all old vdubs actually… fairly simple just time consuming and a bit tedious

takes about a half hour on a alignment rack:bigclap:

but that isn’t free. i think that was his point. we all know it takes less time for someone with a rack to do it, but you have to pay them.

QFT

not looking for free, just in home. obviously willing to pay for someones time.

Estorvito - thats kinda the point…looking for someone to get it close enough to be able to drive it…at which point i’d get a true alignment if i can find somewhere that i can get on the rack.