WTH: fabricator/welder

This is only for one job but I need it done quickly and reasonably. I have some larger trucks that I need covers made for the windows so we do not blast the glass. I have many more of these trucks to go so it makes sense to make something instead of taking the time to tape them every time, and the tape is very expensive. There are two side windows on each side and two front windshields. I have already made templates for the windows I just need something that can cover them. These do not need to be very thick or heavy just sturdy.

The trucks look like this:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/blastoffinc/step%20van/883d064b.jpg

how do you plan on mounting these?

That’s one of the issues. The side windows can open and something can pass through and tighten down or there are bolts that protrude out of the door above the window. For the front and little side windows I was thinking a suction cup style spring loaded setup. There could be several suction cups on each piece possibly at varying depths.

so welding, but i could fiberglass pieces for you

i don’t think that fiberglass would hold up to blasting. lol.

yeah, that wouldn’t hold up.

it’s all flat glass, right?

yes, with a weatherstripping on the outside of it.

if blasting right at it…no definately not, lol

but if its just for stray blockage, its possible.

im not very well versed in blasting so im kinda shooting from the hip on assuming how powerful it actually blasts

i bret the fiberglass would hold up. that truck has fiberglass body panels on it…

sure. and if you blasted it 20 times (like these panels will be) they would deteriorate.

fiberglass is not the right material here.

fiberglass definitely will not hold up. I have 30+ trucks to do and the trucks are all aluminum. This needs to be steel, thin steel is fine, but it has to be steel. It’s really not hard to do, I just don’t really have the time.

if you can give me the templates i can probably have the shapes burned out of 14ga, but you’re on your own as far as affixing them.

once or twice, or maybe even a few times. Doubtful 30x…

the only part that registered in my head was “this is only for one job”. didnt see a quantity of trucks, sorry.

kevlar? :stuck_out_tongue: