Interest Check: Fiberglass

If the oppertunity came about , wold anyone be interested in Fiberglass Hoods , Fenders Hatches ETC , J/w Because i know a source , and this idea came aobut since i mostly will be getting parts made for mine next season, so let me know

doesnt fibreglass break really easy tho?

Not really , they make kit car cobras/ funny car bodys out of it…

you can say that…urethane ftw

they are trying to shave weight, plus they dont really plan to get into a “crash/accident”. but if they do, it doenst matter really to them if they need to pay for another panel, body

If you tend to smash/ total your car alot i guess fiber glass isnt for you , but i think its good stuff , i hear its pretty strong / flexible…

yea fibreglass i believe is lighter, but not as strong as polyurethane… oh well
that was kinda offf topic sorry bout that guys

no problem , yea it is lighter , and i dont plan on smashing into stuff so i plan its good for me , plus the person making this is my step dad , so if mine ever gets compleated ill let you know how it turned out , i like it because no rust , and ill probably widen the fenders when the mold is made , so it should be good ,and hes a professonal so its sweet… and i have alot of time to get it done , since i dont even get my G1 until february…

lol i dont think nebody plans on smashing into stuff
unless youre one of those derby people

but yea
get some pics up when its done man (Y)

what does a hood go for?

its not so much crashing your car into things… its the fact that if you have a lowered car and u have a fiberglass bumper (or other parts that can potentially get in contact with anything)… the chances of that cracking or breaking is quite high.

But anyways… are you able to make rear valance pieces (rear fender caps) i am interested in a pair for my coupe

thanks

Polyurethane is what they make bushings out of, urethane is what they make bumpers with.

HAHAHA!! I was waiting for someone to chime in lol.

I dont actually have parts in stock , but eventualyt we might , and pretty much anything that we can take a mold from , can be made by fiberglass, so hood , rear valances , bumbers fenders , etc , pretty much anything

if you feel like paying whatever outrageous shipping it might be i can sell you the molds to the kit my friend use to produce in japan at his shop, it is an extreme widebody but it looks awesome with the whole kit

Pics ted?

Well made, hand laid fiberglass > urethane.
They can be quite strong, and fit really well, they take paint better, and if the kit ever gets damaged, it is very easily fixable. Have fun trying to fix urethane if you ever break it :wink:

how about some interior pieces? dash, doorpanels, etc etc

Yes , interior could be done , and thank you Solarian , It is hand laid , and it is very very easy to fix… i got shot dwon because i wanted to have fiberglass panels made…

if you can make me a rear skirt (lip ) for my 240sx coupe… i would definately appreciate it. If you know which i am talking about the veilside one that they make http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/nissan/s13cirear.jpg