Help With a Body Kit

I know a lot of you guys on here aren’t into visual shit on cars, but I am, and I need help putting my body kit on. Is there anyone on here that knows what they are doing? Meaning, they put a kit on before and did not mess it up. It is a fiberglass kit and I’ve never worked with fiberglass before. I already have a garage to put it on at, there is a lift and everything. I just need someone who knows what they are doing. I am painting it myself, so no help needed there. I know I’m asking for a lot of help on here, but I need it! Thanx Guys! :tounge:

Looks like u already got a nice body kit :hsugh: U dont need a new one

lol. thats cute.

The ones I’ve done have either replaced an oem parts and used the same screws/holes and for the side skirts a combonation of screws/rivots/3M body molding tape. Fitment on crap fiberglass kits can be a huge bummer. If the fitment is bad they will have to be chopped up and fiberglassed back together.

super glue and duct tape.

Well, I don’t know how this one is gonna fit up to my car yet. It should be here in like a week. I just talked to the place today. Wanna come and look at it?

Thank u

dont forget the JB weld

excuse me, we’re talking about installing body kits here…not the hack job on ur twin turbo mustang :mrT:

Good luck with the kit kristen. Like i said my girl was going to get the same kit for her tib but everyone we’ve talked to that has it regrets even doing it. They said that it cost double of the kit to get it painted and to fit right. The original make of the kit (min garage i beleive stopped making it or this is what i was told) All of the knock off ones (extreme dimensions,tcsportline,andysautosport etc) from what i’ve heard are a pain to get aligned properly. And for everyone that is curious to what this kit looks like here goes a pic. Once again kristen i would be willing to help but the only experience i’ve is putting my kit on which came out pretty well for it being my first one.

Fiberglass kits suck to work with and ALWAYS need some type of PITA fitment adjustments. Urethane is the way to go if you want any kind of body kit.

Its funny because i used to think that it didnt matter about fiberglass or urethane until i pulled my front bumper out of the box and it was about 6 inches out to far on the drivers side. :slight_smile:

yeah urethane ALMOST alwasy has a better fit. But what do you expect, you get what you pay for most cases.

show us the naked body & we’ll if we can install a kit!

Be-rad… you have a date :boink

Ya if its fiberglass… good luck with it… :spank:

you cant be serious

im sure you already know, but fit it, before you paint it, if it dont fit right adjust it or send it back for replacement, check with thier replacement policies 1st, everybody hates on fiberglass kits and thats fine, i belive the urothane kits are better, but fiberglass isnt so bad to work with if you have a decent fit to start with.
If its out by inches send it back, most co.'s wont accept a return if its been painted, good luck :bigok:

:zzz:

Sounds like we’re gonna have Steel City’s Finest Tiburon in the up and coming

Well, I paid a lot of money for the kit, so I am going to try as hard as I can to make it fit. I’m just gonna need someone who does fibberglass to repair all the damages. lol. With my patience, theres gonna be a lot.

can we see a pic of the kit to ridicule?