WTH: oil change/tire rotation in/near southtowns

looking to get this done tomorrow in the early afternoon/morning. The closer to the southtowns the better.

I don’t like going to monroe or any of those oil change shops unless I know the person working on the car… I’m anal about it.

thanks,
-Steve

monroe is cheap tho, like 17 bucks for a change.

last time is cost me around 100 bones (mobile 1 with M1 filter).

plus the last time I got tires changed they fucked my wheels up real bad :tdown:

ohh i didnt realise u used synt.

yeah, shit is expensive :frowning:

yeah used to run it in the GN.

I would do it - but I’m in North Tonawanda

hmmm… looks like I’ll be coming into work for a little while after all. you have a PM sir :slight_smile:

5 qts of m1 is $20 @ walmart last i checked

DIY man…

Pennzoil platnium is a better oil and is 19 bucks for a 5 quart…

I would use the OEM filters with this car…

Depends on what you use. 15w50 is 6.98/qt.

I switched my goat over to Pennzoil Platinum after doing some research on it.

really? never heard about it… a synthetic I assume?

Ya, wondering as to what your researched revealed cuz ive been using M1 for quite a while now, and wouldn’t mind a change if it is for the better.

Of course. I hate reading stuff at that bob is the oil guy site, but reading all the cliff notes of people who live for that stuff on ls2gto.com I made the switch. Lots of people weren’t happy when Mobil 1 made the switch from all syn base, or no syn base… something. Like I said, I can’t stand reading that and have no interest in learning it. I’m more than happy to watch the oil nuts debate it for pages and pages and go with their recommendations. :slight_smile:

That an AC Delco PF46 filter, or Napa Gold (which is a rebranded WIX).

bah, just went to the place on the blvd near ridge lea. went with mobile 1… I’ll look into that other oil though

If your ANAL about it…either do it yourself, or don’t be cheap and take it to a dealer. otherwise this thread is a fail…:picard:

+1 I run it in my Bird with a K&N filter

ill do syn for 30 bux with a filter, who gives a fawq

well i bet you steal the oil and filter