xbox 360/xvid compatiblity

Will my 360 play xvids that are burned onto a dvd? My 360 has never been hooked up to the internet so it has never had any updates done. Anyone know where there is a list of compatible file formats? If not what is a good programn to turn video files into wma files?

convert them to WMA, xbox doesn’t support avi/xvid/divx

Xilisoft Video Converter works great for this

edit: it’s either that one or Riverpast Video cleaner. Used one that worked great, the other sucked… can’t remember which (both are in the same folder and neither are installed at the moment)

Sigh steve.

With the December 4, 2007 update, Xbox 360 now directly supports streaming DivX AVI movies from your desktop. All you need is Windows Media Player 11 or the Zune software. I personally prefer Windows Media Player 11, because it also supports playing back Amazon Unbox videos on the Xbox 360.

Pretty easy to do

what? really?

I tried streaming avi files to my xbox but they wouldn’t even show up on the xbox/media center dashboard. Only the WMV files would.

maybe they used a different codec or something?

same here and i have zune software but i use TVersity to stream all my videos to the xbox so it dont really matter to me

+1 for TVersity

does tversity decode/encode in realtime or something? I’ll look into it

thanks for the heads up

yea realtime encoding

you’re the man… + karma

been looking for something like that.

there is a bunch of them out there, tversity is one of them, and its very good.

fuck, when I started this very same thread a few months ago, you should of mentioned it lol

:beer:

well i figured you were smart enough to at least search google before posting, ohh wait this is NYspeed i forgot

lol