Xbox360 really that good?

Im looking into getting a system. I borrowed my friends xbox and its ok. Nothing special, just ok. Ive played ps2 and liked that better than the xbox. It seems like ps2 has more racing games for it, which is what I like to play. My questions in, is Xbox 360 really that good? I havent looked at one yet but it is an option. Should I pick up a PS2 for now and then get a PS3 when they come out? What would you do?

yea I think its that good, and is only going to get better. The second wave of games that are comming out look damn good. If your going to wait for the ps3 you might be waiting a while.

given that ps3 might not come out till 2007 i would go ahead with the 360. i love mine and on HD tv its even better. need for speed hot pursuit and project gotham are two quality racing games. there are a ton of new games coming out in the spring, and the next wave coming out in the fall are supposed to be even a little better graphics wise, which is insane in itself. i used to live and die by my ps2 i made the switch and i’m glad i did!!!

PS3 and xbox360 are just beefed up versions of the xbox and ps2, if you’re looking for something thats gonna make you do a keanu style WHOA!!! don’t expect it from either, the graphics are going to be better of course but thats really going to be the only selling point to them… the only system i am really excited about is the nintendo just because they are actually doing something different.

Which system is nintendo coming out with? Is Gran turismo coming out for xbox 360?

it’s called the nintendo revolution, there are pics toward the bottom. http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p1.html and as far as i know i thought gran turismo was still only for play station.

Gran Turismo is made by Polyphony Digital who is owned by Sony… the chances of it coming out for something other than the Playstation are slim and none. As for which system to get, don’t base it upon numbers from magazines and websites. Find the games that interest you most and base your decision off that. If the games you want are only on one system, your choice is easy. If the games are available on multiple systems, try them on all and see which system you prefer.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-23521-2567-x-x-x

everything is pretty different about revolution and the first thing people notice is the controller. Looks like a tv remot but the designers at nintendo are trying to simplify gaming to improve it. They claim they can make a games that are as entertaining with one buttan as systems that use 8 buttons. It seems to have infrared applications and in some demo videos they show the people uisng it like a steering wheel, should be very interesting, but there are still some mysteries about it.
Another big deal with the system is that they are ttrying to make the entire nintendo library playable through an online service which will allow you to download and buy classic nintendo games. Im pretty excited about it.

I always felt that would be a bad move for sony because they may lose customers that way, just like microsoft kept halo.

I agree with you 100%. But you have to remember that we’re talking about Sony here. They have a track record of some pretty stupid moves in the past… and they want to be consistant with their actions :bloated:

Word! i havent bought a sony since my ps1 that i only owned for 3 weeks. They had a billion games but no quality.

If SCEA doesn’t come with a product ready by Summer time, or doesn’t indicate taht they will have a product come April, then I am jumping ship to Xbox360 T.T

I think I have been converted to the PC humping console haters. Not totally, there are some games that are only good on a console, but as far as first person shooters go, I am a PC guy. Graphic quality and gameplay are so much better. If you don’t believe it, play Half Life 2.

Fight night r 3 released today, you want to see next gen graphics, try this game.