XV6700/PPC6700 AKU 3.5/WM6 Hybrid ROM

wjbaxter@buffalo.edu please if you have any other roms worth having please let me know too

after installing the original rom in this thread can i go back to the original rom that came on my phone? and i tether to my laptop frequently… will the ability be lost? thank you

WOW… i am having the same issues as ryan… was it easy to resolve? im gettin irritated

[quote=“Willybeen,post:43,topic:24738"”]

WOW… i am having the same issues as ryan… was it easy to resolve? im gettin irritated

[/quote]

Did you hold down both soft buttons and reset after the firmward flash? Try that, it seemed to clear MOST of my problems. I still cant do pix/flix messaging (which I’m almost ready to ditch the phone because of).

I also was wondering if you can flash back to the original Verizon firmware because if I go to sell it I’d probably do that.

my phone is through sprint… so are u telling me to reinstall the maj… w/e file and then soft reset and let the cab file install again?

BTW i sent u an im on aim

i never could send pics on the sprint phone so im not tooo worried about it

[quote=“Willybeen,post:45,topic:24738"”]

my phone is through sprint… so are u telling me to reinstall the maj… w/e file and then soft reset and let the cab file install again?

BTW i sent u an im on aim

i never could send pics on the sprint phone so im not tooo worried about it

[/quote]

Ahhh sprint. I forgot the trick for that. When I did the firmware flash I just did a hard reset. Was a little flakey with programs and other options.

Did the soft reset and the cab files reinstalled and the programs with the flash seemed to work fine so far.

Edit: at work til 945 so I wont be able to answer aim til 10.

got most of it to work

EDIT: Only issue now is that i cant send texts from the phone… i can recieve them but it says

error class: temporary
Cause code:ntwk.fail.

Exactly what mine was doing. Both soft buttons + reset solved it for me.

i did that once and it solved all the other problems… now it says my texts arent sending, but they are sending… im getting errors like nowck and ntwk.fail.

any help there? and this is the PR5 update btw

Hmm I wasn’t getting those. Thats really weird. I did the PR6 upgrade though.

pr6 is downloading… nothing do lose now… btw… my roomie is having the texting issue too… maybe just a sprint thing… we’ll see

Let me know the turnout on PR6 after a soft reset.

same thing… but all my friends who have sprint cant send texts…

EVERYTHING IS WORKING FLAWLESSLY… i just need a copy of the voice command program and if anybody has any other worthwhile programs id love to have them too…

wjbaxter@buffalo.edu

thanks

hmmm what changed to cause it work better?

should i backup my phone some how b4 doing this or can i always revert back to the origional ROM? if so how do i do this and where can i get my hands on a sprint out of the box rom just in case?

[quote=“Locutus,post:56,topic:24738"”]

should i backup my phone some how b4 doing this or can i always revert back to the origional ROM? if so how do i do this and where can i get my hands on a sprint out of the box rom just in case?

[/quote]

UTStarcom is the manufacturer if there is not a ROM on Sprint’s site. Just active sync your phone if you don’t have the Sprint equivalent of Verizon’s Wireless sync…

how long did it take to boot after your hard reset?

pwnt!

Ut oh… lol. Usually boots up instantaneously…