XV6700/PPC6700 AKU 3.5/WM6 Hybrid ROM

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/saridnours-aku-3-5und-rom-now-available-current-v3-5pr2-t2805.html

I put this on this morning, it’s pretty cool. It has a bunch of software pre-installed into it as you can see in the link. Here are the simplified steps… Make sure all your shit is backed up first, obviously.

1)Unrar into a directory
2)Put your phone in bootloader mode. (Soft-Reset + Notes Button + Power Button)
3)connect your 6700 to your PC via USB cable directly and make sure Windows installs it as a new device successfully. (You’ll need Active Sync 4.x or greater)
4) Run the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe
5) Hard-Reset your device after the flashing is done or the update may not work properly. There will be a lot of dead shortcuts if you don’t.

niceee… getting now

whoa nice.

is this different from the last one?

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:4,topic:24738"”]

is this different from the last one?

[/quote]

The last one was AKU 3.3 and a generic basic ROM.

This is AKU 3.5 with a bunch of WM6 enhancements and software pre-installed.

So far, it’s pretty cool.

FYI, check the initial link, there is a ROM revision. I have just flashed it now, seems OK.

so whats it do exactly other then being differant?

[quote=“Viper966,post:7,topic:24738"”]

so whats it do exactly other then being differant?

[/quote]

It’s basically a service pack for WM5. They have also taken parts of WM6 and implemented into this version of WM5. When you first set up your PPC, there is custom software that is loaded from Verizon and other 3rd party manufacturers. This ROM includeds a bunch of freeware that gets installed from the start.

The latest official release of WM5 was AKU 2 so that gives you an idea of how much has changed in this ROM.

will this work with my sprint PPC 6700 without issue?

[quote=“Viper966,post:9,topic:24738"”]

will this work with my sprint PPC 6700 without issue?

[/quote]

Use at your own risk. Read up in that thread for the Sprint users. It works flawlessly on mine pending you follow the steps I wrote down.

OK i have it, works great, but now I can’t tether for data, any answers?

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:11,topic:24738"”]

OK i have it, works great, but now I can’t tether for data, any answers?

[/quote]

Did you read the thread?

That thread sucks without a “thread search” function.
It’s pretty slick. I like the built in task manager better than vBar. I needed to update TCPMP anyway. But it sucks that I had to reconfigure a ton of settings. Oh, and what happened to Solitare???

[quote=“sureshot007,post:13,topic:24738"”]

That thread sucks without a “thread search” function.
It’s pretty slick. I like the built in task manager better than vBar. I needed to update TCPMP anyway. But it sucks that I had to reconfigure a ton of settings. Oh, and what happened to Solitare???

[/quote]

The ROM is by no means polished but it’s got some nice advantages over the standard Verizon image.

Rumor has it that the 6800 will come with WM6 on it… :ohnoes:

bump - updates? mine is on a UPS truck still.

sooo… how come I can’t get voice command to work?

I NEEED VOICE COMMAND

I have never tried voice command - is it really that great?

ummm yes

and either my copy is corrupt or something is weird

ha, and now u see why i didnt migrate… how would u go back to your original rom now?