Yanks start trade talks with Twins for Johan Santana

WOW.

Not a Yankees fan, but not a hater…

Best pitcher in the game with that lineup. He could go 20-2.

:jawdrop:

BTW, if the Yanks get Johan…

The Red Soxs will trade for Dan Haren.

Which would make that rotation…

Beckett, Haren, Dice-K, Lester/Bucholz, Schilling/Wakefield

You figure they will give up either Lester or Bucholz to get him…

mets are gonna get johan

Francisco Liriano > Johan Santana. I hope the Yankees get him. We don’t want him in the NL East.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:4,topic:39309"”]

Francisco Liriano > Johan Santana. I hope the Yankees get him. We don’t want him in the NL East.

[/quote]

One season of Liriano isn’t enough to make that statement at all, especially after Tommy John.

Apparently Boof Bonser has made comments saying that Liriano is nowhere the same that his arm is done. But this was made last year during the recovery, so he could be wrong.

A few pitchers have come back from Tommy John even STRONGER then before… see: Mariano. But its way too risky to make a statment like that.

Johan would DOMINATE in the NL East. You’d be CRAZY to not take him.

Im a Braves fan so seeing the Mets in the market for him makes me sick. If Liriano didn’t get hurt he would have been better than Johan. The best pitcher in the game last season was Jake Peavy by a landslide.

hey u guys got good ol Tommy “i wouldn’t change a thing” Glavs back, you should be PUMPED

Oh i’m stoked about him returning. Too bad we couldn’t get Maddux for his last season as well. Hopefully Tommy will go out in style and help the team get back to the top of the East.

Fill the rest of the pitching holes and we are set.

The only thing 84-MPH fastball Glavine is good for is serving up BP to Tex, Chipper and the other Braves bats

i can’t wait to fuck up tommy G, what a bitch.

5 runs, can’t even finish the inning, and he wouldn’t change a thing, FUCK YOU

He’s the worst of the 3 left…

Maddux goes 5-6 but pitches GREAT for his age, still out thinking hitters
Smoltz has velocity AND a ton of movement still
Glavine… should have retired 2 years ago

Glavine was overworked in NY. He’s old yes but not as bad as how he ended the season. With the treatment and attitude he will have in ATL he should be good for 1 complete season… i hope:ohnoes:

[quote=“nappy1380,post:12,topic:39309"”]

Glavine was overworked in NY. He’s old yes but not as bad as how he ended the season. With the treatment and attitude he will have in ATL he should be good for 1 complete season… i hope:ohnoes:

[/quote]

The play would be to get HAREN via trade. The problem is I think the Sox or Mets will get him.

I don’t know what your farm team looks like, but Escobar was a nice prospect that I saw got some nice playing time this year platooning with Kelly Johnson.

our bullpen did suck balls but i dont think he was that overworked, plus he doesnt throw all that hard so i dunno, i think he just did not have anything that particular day…i can forgive him, but not with that press conference

word smoltzie is nice, i like him, balding mother fucker

he K’s d.wright a lot, wright gets so angry, makes me lol

Farm team is always tops. They were 3 deep with SS prospects and got a good young arm in the Edgar trade. They don’t even need to replace Andruw, just put Willie Harris in center and leave Diaz in left.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:15,topic:39309"”]

Farm team is always tops. They were 3 deep with SS prospects and got a good young arm in the Edgar trade. They don’t even need to replace Andruw, just put Willie Harris in center and leave Diaz in left.

[/quote]

I thought it was pretty solid (as always), but didn’t want to make a misinformed statement…

Either way, if you could give up some young talent for Haren you’d have a top 3 of Smoltz, Haren, Hudson… NASSSSSSSTY

That and re-sign Tex THIS YEAR before his contract is up… DUDE IS A MONSTER!

ugh i fucking hate baseball right now

I am probably the only Yankee fan who doesn’t want Johan and would rather have them keep the trio of young arms they have, (Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy) along with Leche’

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:18,topic:39309"”]

I am probably the only Yankee fan who doesn’t want Johan and would rather have them keep the trio of young arms they have, (Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy) along with Leche’

[/quote]

You are betting on ALOT to think all three will turn out as top tier pitchers. Joba/Hughes will not go, but I think they’d deal Kennedy fo sho.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:18,topic:39309"”]

[/quote]

i dont know man, i mean, santana has been perhaps the most consistently dominant pitcher in the bigs over the last 5 years. i wouldnt be opposed to giving up kennedy OR hughes, but NOT chamberlain and no combination. also, the yankees are dealing from a position of leverage, knowing that the twins essentially have to trade santana or see him walk and get nothing next year in free agency. santana probably has another 8-10 dominant years in him, barring serious injury. he has been durable over his major league career.