Yarggh! Pirates!!

Turn on the news

wat

Somali pirates highjacked cargo ship off Somali coast. American crews take back ship

:tup:

I would assume all of these ships are armed by now after the recent increase in pirate activity.
If you shoot these bastards at sea and let them sink do you think anyone would miss them? :smiley: Shark bait!

Yarrrrr

insert cougarspeeds tattoo

+1

I cant wait to join the Coast Guard and hopefully get a chance to take down some pirates

Word is that the ship that was jacked was completely unarmed. Which is not exactly a good thing. I would rather see them armed just for this reason. I had heard that they threw a few of them overboard and captured the one remaining pirate.

I dont know much about those types of ships, but how do those pirates even board those ships coming off there tiny boats? Those ships are huge. You would think they could see them coming and not even allow them to board.

It is actually against some kind of international law to be armed at sea. You can be thrown in a cell if you get caught.

lol wtf :tup:

There are many reasons why this is both a good idea and a bad idea. I’m more leaning toward bad idea.

These articles have some good information on the topic.

http://www.analyst-network.com/article.php?art_id=2632

This isn’t fully accurate. There are UN and other international regulations regarding this, but they are obviously not mandatory and difficult to enforce.

1st pirate attack on a US flagged ship in 200 yrs! That went well for the pirates. Keep fucking with the US you idiots. Several of the crew are retired/former military (navy).

If I were a captain of a huge ship the UN could kiss my ass.

The priates weren’t even armed?!? LMAO

Seriously, read the articles I posted. They may enlighten your opinion.

they probably weren’t armed (the pirates) to reduce the penalty in case they were captured (at least in their line of thinking)

I wonder how this happens now a days. I just see scenes of Pirates of the Caribbean when they swing on ropes with swords and cannons firing.

radio just said the captain of the ship is still being held hostage.

my buddy was in the navy for 8 years… a few times they had to open fire on these dudes