YAY BUSH!!

Way to go george!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13934199/?GT1=8307

:bloated: ironically this veto could help us take back congress, override him, and get this passed in the fall

aaannnndddd I hate this admin even more…stupid religion getting mixed into politics…

you know how many cures there are to be found using stem cell research…what an ass! ! ! !

edit: rant #2…stupid families around that “adopted embryoes” to make their children…

there are dozens upon dozens of embryoes that are destroyed so that one good embryo can be found to produce a child…I hate god (<~~lol thats kinda funny actually)

:word: to the first part, i was just thinking that

good thing for the mandatory fucking 12step programs and that shit getting in the way of logical judgment and seeing things from others’ perspectives

fucking asshole

<— voted for kerry

Stem cell research gave my uncle 4 more years of life… But I am not surprised, Bush has to keep his mid-western flock happy.

Well I for one support it. I know there are many great uses for stem cells. But they are taken from aborted fetuses and I am against abortion unless it is absolute extreme case. i.e. the mother WILL die and lose the child, or they know for a fact that the child will be grotesquely disformed or something.

“This bill would support the taking of innocent human life in the hope of finding medical benefits for others,” Bush said at a White House event where he was surrounded by 18 families who “adopted” frozen embryos not used by other couples, and then used those leftover embryos to have children.

“Each of these children was still adopted while still an embryo and has been blessed with a chance to grow, to grow up in a loving family. These boys and girls are not spare parts,” he said.

:tup: on a good call Bush. I completely agree.

jeg… did you not fucking read this??? jesus h christ.

Um, they’re talking about EMBRYONIC stem cells.
Read: not aborted fetus

A bill approved Tuesday by the Senate and passed last year by the House would allow federal funding of stem cell research on thousands of embryos created in fertility clinics. It’s important to note that these embryos would otherwise be discarded.

Nothing to do with abortion, no saving life, how is throwing them in the garbage better than using them for useful purposes?
Are you against organ donation too?

Chalk another one up to ignorance of the religious right.

Yes I did. But when a person is at the end of their life they are at the end of their life, killing a baby to prolong that life is wrong and I do not support it. I know it can be used for a great plethera of things. My mother suffers from MS. I know stem cell reaserch could possibly cure it. But those are the cars you are delt.

ummm…an embryonic stem cell is an underdeveloped fetus. Hence, it will grow into a human being.

I am very much for organ donation, but that is completely differant.

Just when I start thinking you are OK…

So you are against stem cell research but for euthenasia?

I am a man, thus don’t have any say in what a woman does to her body. But, if she choses to abort, then I would hope that some good came out of it, like stem cell research.

IT WILL BE DISCARDED!!!

Did you not read what Joe posted?? There is no killing of any babies…

Which is why the entire process is bullshit. ANY way you look at it, they are creating life to destroy it.

no, it will go into the garbage can. These are NOT EVER going to grow into anything. They take dozens or hundreds of embryos at fertility clinics, as soon as one works they throw out the rest. No one is going to make babies out of all of them if they take out 20 embryos. I suggest you read the opinions of even Republicans like Orrin Hatch, Trent Lott, Arlen Specter, etc. before you condemn it

WOW!!!

Ask people with dibilitating diseases how they feel. Stem cells aren’t being created to kill them faster.

This is not an issue of me being Republican, It is my personal views on the subject. it is a very touchy subject, I know. Stem cells could probably fix my eye and prevent me from eventually going blind in it, but oh well. shit happens. thats life.

I hope Bush and the rest of the people against it get alzheimers, MS, and other horrible diseases which are cured by stem cells 1-2 years too late. They’ve set it back 6 years so far…

The ultimate irony would be Bush dying from something the week before a breakthrough cure for his ailment came about from stem cells.