Yay more boost... hack job inside

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/F350/hanger.jpg

WTF? You might say…

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/F350/muff.jpg

lol, yeah, that was my new exhaust hanger. I made a couple of them.

I hacked the muffler off and replaced it with a 7’ piece of flex pipe. Sounds very lopey at idle, couldn’t hear much over my tires at speed, but I picked up about 2psi up top.

After using a porta-band (battery powered band saw) to cut off the muff, I wiggled and tugged, and wiggled some more… then I sprayed everything with WD-40… then I wiggled and tugged… and then finally got the muffler/tailpipe off.
2 - 3.5" exhaust clamps
6 - sheet metal screws
1 - large coffee can later… :tup:

I have no muffler and a really awful looking exhaust. I’ll get better pics in the daylight.

I floored it on the way back to the house on the testdrive and my SES light came on and stayed on while I was WOT. Once I got off the pedal it went away. It has flashed a couple times since I’ve owned the truck… but only a couple. What could that be from?

I lost my auction on e-bay… but I’ve been offered a second chance!! I’m hoping this welfare looking exhaust will convince the wife that a little Magnaflow would do me good.

I also bought a DP Tuner that should get me up to about 30psi and 140hp…

back pressure… you need some. do you have a stock snail?

Stock snail, stock DP, hacked about 8" in front of where the muffler was.

The Magnaflow on my christmas list is a 3.5" DP and 4" straight back. My tuner said to stick with a 3.5" DP because of the snail, and that 4" is plenty for the 7.3s.

Granted, removing the muffler reduced the backpressure, but it is a pretty popular mod for these… right?

yes, removing muffler is a common “mod” but i never did it, the best mod route is:
6k mod
6.0 inter cooler
tranny
bean injectors
snail
propane

should be about 800+ ft and ~450-> 500 hp

hmm I swear 3.5" is too small of a DP

anyways tho :tup: to you diesel dudes. Lots of fun!

you would think so… but 4" is as big as they get… unless you hack up the firewall and some other stuff.

Dan - 6k mod?
I was going to ask around in the 6.0 section of the forum for anyone who has upgraded their IC to Banks or something and grab one of those, or start calling the junk yards.

BTS Valve body will be tax return fun.

Injectors are probably more extreme than I want to go… until I get a full tranny build under her. Same goes for the snail and the propane. There is a guy who lives down the road from me with all that stuff and he is actually taking off the propane… I have to find out why :slight_smile:

Also… the shed I just built has plenty of room for some biodiesel production. I’m going to be looking into that for the spring as well… I don’t want to have to mess with additives this winter. You ever have problems in the winter? Use your block heater much?

i make fuel. i am in the process of making a soy bean press.

this is the only place to go…

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/forums/

we used to be call the ford diesel stop… until well. u know.

joined.

My wallet/wife hates me :slight_smile: