Yes a stupid speeding ticket thread

I just want to get an idea of what im in for. Usually i wouldnt post something like this but i haven’t gotten one like this before.

Well last night i was visiting a bunch of buddys in fredonia and one wanted to go for a ride so i hopped on route 20 and go down a ways to make sure its clear then come back and start getting on it. A chautaqua county sherriff was coming the opposite way as me and flipped his lights on so i pulled over immediately as he turned around to get me.

I honestly didnt know how fast i was going but i figured he would cut me a little break for pulling over right away. Well he said i was doing 95 in a 55. I dont think i was goin that fast but i very well could have been so whatever he takes my info and goes back to the car. Another sherriff comes and gives me a sobriety test. I pass no problem and then the cop told me he was cutting me a break by not giving me reckless driving but said he was NOT reducing the ticket and if i tried to fight it we would be going to court that night. Also said im probably going to lose my license for this.

Some people have also told me that since he was going the opposite way as me at that speed he cant get a steady reading on the radar gun because he has to be stationary. Maybe thats bullshit i dont know. Im sure people on here have had 40+ speeding tickets. So what happened? Lose your license? Should i get a lawyer for this? Any advice is appreciated

L
A
W
Y
E
R

that sucks alot

fuck the police

No, Nyspeed legal staff is more than enough.

Do you own a bicycle? if not, its time to invest.
lastly, were you driving a neon with a suspended license?

what are you trying to say?

That ticket sucks, anything 30+ sucks. Cops sometimes tell you not to bother with fighting it because they won’t show up, if it’s a small ass town, you’ll get it reduced as long as you have a clean record.
But, your fine will be upwards of $400.

GL

The_Russian got caught doing 72 in a 35, and was racing so 'illegal speed contest" was thrown on and I know he got a lawyer and just had to drop alot of cash but kept his driving status. So lawyer is the way to go

they can get your speed just fine while moving… its actually kind of simple how it works.

Get a lawyer.

Dont drive like an asshole! Imagine that…

But seriously. That sucks. I bet he wont show up to court though. They never do. You may get off easy if that’s the first ticket you’ve had.

You were up last night, had a big rager above the strip club, over a hundred fifty people, and yes get a lawyer, try John Gullo, hes a teacher at school and very well known in the area…

Just plead not guilty, get a lawyer and go to court.

I got a 95 in a 35 reduced to 200 dollars and no points in hamburg.

You will be fine as long as you’re not a prick.

^. dot…

be polite. dress nicely. you should be ok.

Does Brian Turton still live in that apartment?

why’d you even stop. pussy.

My best advice, show up late, and tell teh judge you were late because you were fucking his wife, judges love that because they think you are kind of crazy and outgoing, and will usually side with you.

Plead not guilty, the cop can’t say anything in regards to the reduction, this will be handled by the judge, however he will have a huge influence with the judge’s decision so don’t be a dickhead.

Just dress approriately, get an attorney, plead not guilty and show up to court. I got a 95/55/work zone out on 86 in Hinsdale and I showed up dressed nicely, with no attorney and it got dropped, I think it was only like 150 bucks in fines too… the judge did tell me she never wanted to see me in her town again lol.

Alright looks like a lawyer is the way to go. How much will one run me for something like this?

i think you’re looking at 200-500…

i can’t recommend one though, mine was a friend of the family…

I’ll recommend mine because she got my assault charges dismissed, but she bent me over on legal fees afterwards…

PMD

I had the same without a lawyer in a rinky dink town. They took 475 off of me and didn’t give me any points or anything. In fact I would guess that they took my $ and ripped up the ticket because it never showed up on my insurance or anywhere that I have ever seen. I haven’t done anything like that in like 5 years so :gotme: