Yes Im making another Poll and Yes im buying a new car

Wrangler, the motors last forever.

Put on 4.0 to 178k then the engine blew, caught fire and burned to the ground.
2nd one to 165k sold.
3rd is sitting at 102k

Of course the 4.0 gets shitty gas mileage (at least the Cherokee’s do, so I don’t see why the Wrangler would be any diff)

I say just get a fucking Civic.

its not blazer hate it is reality.

Buy a Jeep, and enjoy it.

buy something brand new with a good warrenty. If you have to get it at West Herr, they have just about every line out there. You can get a Ford, GM, Toyota, Dodge, etc… truck or suv, but for you, get one with a warrenty better than the normal 3 year/36k. Dont modify it, dont change your tire size, just make your payments and put gas in it and drive it every day. Hell lease it and keep the payments down and stick the rest of the money into your Mustang.

so is this vehicle number 17?

edit By a fucking Toyota or Honda my god.

yeah that 4.0 I6 is really solid, one of the toughest engines around

number 9!

and i will never, ever ever buy a toyota or a honda…lets not go there

Retard.

My buddy on the RIT Baja Team has one, we did ball joints over the summer, other than the regular oil change he has had no problems what so ever I think it has about 70K. He does beat on it pretty bad, daily driving and offroading (did fine at whispering pines, got further then most mild jeeps there). You probably are going to pay more for a jeep wrangler then you would the ZR2.

I do however like wranglers, My dad had one when I was growing up, they are very capable. However, after working on about 4 or 5 wranglers (late 80’s to mid-late 90’s) I find that they rust bad up here, granted they were older but still. The power steering box is attached to the frame which rust out and therefore has to be plated, another problem is the from body mounts on the tub, along with the body mount design.

pics are from the same trip, the rubicon took it really well, only a small crack in the top, and very dirty

yeah my old blazer went through more mud than anyone would believe with some decent tires…also good info to know on the jeep!

http://www.zr2usa.com/home.php <some good info on the ZR2’s

The ZR2 blazers do sag in the rear because they used the same springs leafs on the ZR2 trucks, so expect to replace them. There are differances in the suspension fro a regular 4x4 S-10 to a ZR2, if you need more info let me know, I was looking at buying one but college funds, all that research wasted…

Oh i forgot to mention the transfer case motors that go bad, and the vacume actuator for the 4x4 that is a frequent replacement.

SFA > IFS any day of the week when it comes to suv or trucks.

I must say I am looking forward to all the “what is wrong with my Zr2” threads we will have if you buy one… LOL

hey i could always buy this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-DODGE-DAKOTA-R-T-PICK-UP-TRUCK-5-9-V8-57K-MINT_W0QQitemZ290189949187QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6196QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and oh dear god if i had the money i would…i dont know why though…

why don’t you buy a ZJ with a 360? that would meet all your needs

because i HAVE to get something from West Herr.

they have any Trailblazers on the lot? The 4.2 I6 and GMT360 are > the regular blazer.

my mom has a 07 trailblazer…im honestly not a big fan of it. no matter how many times i drive it, and how many ways i move the seat and steering wheel around, i just cant seem to get comfortable in it.

jeep, hands down. Its only 4 years old and has 48k, thats 12k a year, which is dead average as far as mileage goes. Wranglers are proven cars.

Blazer is far from bulletproof.

To be honest though, neither of them are as much of a truck as you think they are. They are both gonna be fairly small. not much utility to them.

wtchrist.

Out of the thousands of vehicles West Herr has on their collective used lots you have it narrowed down to those 2?

I vote you get a bus pass and quit automotive pursuits for a while.

You will likely be unhappy with both and we will all have to endure another one of your “I suck at making decisions and everyone I make goes bad” threads where people will tell you that all of your options suck, but right as rain you will pick one of them.

Find a car/truck you actually want and fits your needs. I find it hard to believe you would go from a v8 4 door explorer to a 2 door anything and have it match the things you need/want it to do.

Remind West Herr they have the most dealers of anyone and have them pull whatever vehicle you want from anothers inventory.

I didn’t even read the thread correctly I guess…

I thought those were the two options THEY gave him.

Oh man.

:hang:

EDIT_ Re-read. That’s all they have in that range?