Yes Im making another Poll and Yes im buying a new car

ehh i got for more of the comfort factor than utility. I loved my 2500 Sierra when I had it…felt like i was driving while sitting on my couch! i dunno, im kinda weird when it comes to vehicles i guess, i can get comfortable in a car, but i find it easier to get in and out of a truck or suv, and i like being up higher when im driving. Out of all of the pickups ive had, i could probably count the number of times on one hand that I actually used the truck bed for what it was made for. i just like them because they are big, easy for me to get comfortable in them, etc.

I know I can get comfortable in a Blazer no problem, but Ive only been in a Jeep once and it was a long time ago so im gonna have to take a nice long test drive in the thing to see if i am going to like it

You’re putting yourself into a far more worse financial position everytime you do this. Unless you’re keeping them until they die, you’re just throwing money away and losing equity. Trade in your explorer for a $8,000 car. Lower your payments, and sock the money your saving into an annuity. Then in 5 years, go and pay for a car in full…or maybe make a wise decision and get into an investment worth getting into…something with some sort of return.

I don’t care how much of a deal they are giving you, you are still making a bad decision and throwing money away. Whats the length of the loan? 5 years? 6 years? 7 years?

You gain equity (Whatever little there may be) towards the back half of the loan. Up until then you’re just paying interest. Makes sense. :bloated:

Jeep hands down. My sis has a blazer and i have a jeep. Jeep novelty yes but most cases you’ll grow to love it more and more. Working on a jeep is cake compared to a blazer. To be honest not much i like about the blazer dont like how i fit in it front end is garbage blind spots you name it i hate it. And if down the road you want to off road one or the others Jeep will dominate. Just my input.

What do you owe on the explorer?

Fuck that, buy my Grand Cherokee, '02 with nearly every option.

Im dealing with West Herr used cars (part of the saturn dealer) and the Blazer is at the dodge dealer and the jeep at the ford dealer. I havent narrowed it down to these 2, my options are still open, but id like to keep it below $14,000 if possible, id like an SUV or truck, something with reasonably low miles, something that is going to last for a while and not cause a lot of problems, I as much as I like my explorer, i have kinda been scared away from them so no Explorers, no cars, and no imports (again, just a preference of mine, i do not care for imports and would not be happy with one so i will not consider it). Based on those criteria these are the 2 main vehicles ive come up with so far.

West Herr doesnt have as much as you may think. Id love another 98-03 Dakota, (they do have a Durango, but it has more miles than id like), but they dont have any. This is the only S-10 style blazer they have, I wouldnt mind an F150, but to get into one of those id either have to settle with a high mileage one or spend more money, neither of which I want to do…hopefully that gives you an idea as to what im thinking when picking something.

Honestly I don’t want to know what you are thinking, I am pretty sure my brain would cave in.

In all seriousness tho, pay a little more or take higher miles and see if they will help you on a warranty for a higher mileage vehicle and get something that you want.

I owe $10,2xx I bought it for 12,000. they are giving me 12,000 towards a new vehicle. normally, i wouldnt be doing this, but they are giving me back what i paid, so im not really losing anything. as i think i previously mentioned, the $1800 ive paid off already will go towards a down payment or whatever on the new one.

You’re going to spend a lot more money jumping vehicles like this than you would just fixing and driving one.

I mean, I don’t know if money is a consideration for you but if it is you really need to stop playing musical vehicles and buying based purely on impulse and emotion.

thats the problem…i dont know what i want haha. actually i shouldt say that. i know what i want, but i also know that i cant afford the gas and payments for what i want. Ive been down this road once before over the summer:

Stop making sense. Seriously.

You think they are going to give you $12,000, but they are just going to make it up somewhere else. The truck is probably not even worth what you owe on it. No dealership in their right mind is going to just “give” you an extra $2000 for a vehicle that if they go to sell…is going to need work.

They can’t even ACV it for that much money.

whats the difference? i dont really care if they are give me 10,000 for my explorer and sell me whatever else for 2,000 cheaper to make it look like they are giving me 12,000 for my explorer. its all on paper. they said that they want to buy the thing back for what i paid for it. I said well i’ve paid $1800 off on it, where does that go? and they said they would put it towards the down payment on the new vehicle. i do understand what you’re saying though.

fixed.

dont make a decision if you dont know what you want. if neither of your options strike you as the right car for the job, keep looking. if youre not 100% positive about what you want, you’ll be doing this for a 10th time within a year.

You’ve paid $1800 to have an Explorer for a few months and you think that West Herr is giving you a deal you can’t pass up?!?!
http://www.bohemianscientist.org/images/blog06/headexplode.jpg

“We know your explorer is going to cost us $600 to recondition. It’s also going to cost us $2000 in the shop plus parts when we go to re-sell it. We are going to give you $12,000 for it…so now we owe it for $15,000. We have to make up what we lost and keep the lights running so we have to retail it for $18,000. Oh shit, thats right…its worth only $15,000.” :bloated:

Either that or they are going to rape you in the finance office. This 7 year loan is at a surprisingly low rate of 14.25% :tup:

go buy a blazer i wanna here you bitch about the non covered warranty items it will be fun

NONE! you need to by your truck back because you be right back where you started.