Need some car/truck/jeep buying advice

sooo. the s2k needs to go :deadhorse: its just not practical anymore. I’ve changed “jobs” per se and relocated to a colder more “rural” climate that is semi-similar to the buffalo climate.

I’m looking to dump the s2k and get something that’s a non-economy daily driver that will still have some “fun” in it.

I’m thinking with the current incentives, i should be able to get out the door at about 20-25k. which is a good range for me now.

i like: outdoor sports (sports/kayaking/biking/mountain hiking)

I dont like: economy cars

I will have one pug now and another on the way, so i need some type of back seat

i will be traveling long distances around the holidays because I refuse to travel via airport, so any type of good gas mileage would be good.

So far this is what i have in mind:

1. Jeep Wrangler - 4x4 - winter no problem and its fun to drive in the summer.

2. Saab 93 - cus my gf is in love with them :whip: and i qualify for a gm discount, which will save me 4k right now. i can add a roof rack and i can move around my outdoor activity stuff.

3. Subaru Impreza - all wheel drive will be nice in the winter, but they are still a little economy to me.

and
???

I’m open to suggestions.

and if anyone wants to buy an 03 s2k under honda power train warranty with 33k on the clock by the end of the month, holla.

I wouldn’t touch a gm saab with a ten foot pole.
Even worse than VAG cars.

I vote subaru

used STi, u can use these cars for anything

preza wagon.

no saab-olets.

jeep isn’t as good on mileage, or practicality (interior / cargo room).

i am getting rid of my 2006 wrangler x 4x4 4.0 6 speed

Volvo S60R

Jeep or STi

jeep FTW!!!

So you want economical but not economy, still fun, useful for out-doorsy stuff. Your better half (?) likes slaabs.

Done.
Clean 9-2x Aero with sexy white on black leather + turbo mods. What does an exhaust & reflash put an EJ25t at? 250awhp?

wrx wagons are cool

:word:

what kind of fun are you trying to have? Off-roading type fun? Or spirited driving type of fun?

You win brownie points from his equal half :slight_smile:

i have an 07 commander and it gets 20 mpg’s, and has TONS of room.

^ commanders fucking blow they drive like shit and barely get 20 mpg with the underpowered 4.0. I drove my gf parents commander, it was horrible and they are in the upper $30s

Buy the new accord + Thule

why not a legacy, or legacy outback? they are a lot nicer than the impreza

or a saab 9-2x aero

more of a fun dd.
i burrowed my bosses jeep and i loved driving it… but i can appreciate that its not practical.

the commander does not blow. but you are right it is practial for an older person… does it have to be new? cx7 mazda, that was in the running when i was looking, or the crv honda.

^
the commander is as ugly as that last monstrosity you owned

an impreza is economy but a jeep wrangler is not?

it comes with a cloth roof and no fucking interior.

+1

Stay away from Slaab - if you ever plan on selling the car…