You may now kick the bride

Taken from CNN.com:

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) – A newlywed couple spent the night in separate jail cells – she in her wedding gown – after police said they brawled with each other, then members of another wedding party, at a suburban Pittsburgh hotel.

The fight started Saturday night after a reception when he knocked her to the floor with a karate kick in the seventh-floor hallway of a Holiday Inn, according to police. It escalated when she attacked two guests from another wedding party who came to her aid, police said.

The melee moved to an elevator and then to the lobby, where the couple threw metal planters at the two guests of the other party, causing minor injuries, police charged.

“It was pretty wild,” Ross police Sgt. Dave Syska said.

Dentist David W. Wielechowski, 32, of Shaler, and Christa Vattimo, 25, had married a month earlier in the Bahamas but repeated their vows Saturday at a reception for 150 guests. They were checking into their room when the argument began, police said.

Police arrived to find the dentist lying on the lobby floor and his bride screaming, they said.

Authorities charged them both with simple assault, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, and the bride with an additional count of public intoxication. They face a May 7 preliminary hearing.

A district judge considered issuing a restraining order against Wielechowski, but his new bride declined the measure.

The couple declined comment upon their release Sunday morning.

She left with her father, still dressed in her white gown.

Wielechowski left alone, sporting a swollen eye, tuxedo pants, a bloody T-shirt and one shoe.

I feel so proud of the people that come from this city.

Saw that on the news last night. Crazy.

LOL. I graduated with her.

Chad and Lory had their reception there… why didnt we get to see any karate kicks!!!

rofl

ya i did to…lol

i cant place the name

That made the nightly news here in Boston! I was like wtf… dude had a nice shiner!

fayette county gone city???

lori kicks below the belt :kekegay:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

so awesome.

JcTurbo told me last night that he was the one who drug her out and took her to jail!

:bowrofl:

No, I was there when they carted her ass away.

oh. i thought you said you took her out…

Here’s the follow-up taken from WPXI.com

ROSS TOWNSHIP, Pa. – Newlyweds Dr. David Wielechowski and his bride Christa had a private wedding ceremony with family and friends that has now turned very public.

Police said the doctor kicked his bride in the gut as they entered their bridal suite at the Holiday Inn in Ross Township.

The bride and groom first emailed Channel 11’s Amy Marcinkiewicz and then her called to dispute this story.

Christa Wielechowski, who wrote on her MySpace page that there are two sides to every story, said, “My husband and I were assaulted. We were trying to protect one another.” Over the phone, Christa also told Amy her husband would never hit her.

Dr. David Wielechowski told Amy, “I love my wife, and we are staying together.”

David also claims he and his wife were assaulted. He said a man was trying to strangle Christa. He adds he never kicked his wife in the stomach.

Witnesses said the bride and groom were out of control.

Police arrested the bride and groom, and they spent their reception night in jail.

:rofl:

Well that follow up ruins the whole story. I’m going to pretend I never read that.

If that part is true, how on earth did things get so misconstrued?

:rofl:

i went to school with david