You think your s**t is big?

May I introduce to you…the Turbonetics TNX-122!

Turbonetics Releases New 122mm Billet Turbo - we call it the “Baby Killer”

When you think the world of turbos for automotive use is at their biggest, we all get surprised again. Turbonetics has released their new TNX-122, 122 MM turbo. The kit is designed for top tier racing, such as, Pro Mods and really for diesel sled pulling competitions. “Diesels go for the most amount of boost you can possibly fit in an engine”, says Turbonetics Marketing Manager, Tyler Tanaka.

Compared against a Turbonetics T3 turbo:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/sqstang2/IMG_1106.jpg

The turbo is capable of producing over 2500 horsepower, while supporting 50-60 PSI. The center section is an all-new billet piece. It allows Turbonetics to build a stronger internal bearing with a new, patented oiling system. Also, the compressor wheel is made from a billet 713C super-alloy. “When you run this much boost on a cast wheel, it can expand from the center and explode.” Tyler remarked. Regardless, make sure small animals are not present while in operation.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/sqstang2/IMG_1117.jpg

oh ****

Sweet googly moogly

Wow. Where could you even fit that thing?

holy ****

Big snail … But 50-60 psi … Pssssh

Somewhere, Stryper is bummed about touring without thier trusty hairdryer.

That thing is one big ass turbo… I believe Lustiks pulling tractor has 3 110mm turbos on it running alchoal.

50-60 psi out of that bad boy would split your block in 1/2!

:eek2:

Negitive Mark … Please try again.

jesus. that is ridiculous

So your block can hold 2500hp? I maybe a little ignorant in my diesel knowledge but that seems pretty insane.

x2

wow

Smokin is already pushin like 50ish right?

That dosen’t mean anything. 50psi out of that turbo is a lot more power than 50psi out of his turbo.

Thats like saying 14psi out of a little 16g is the same as 14psi out of my 74mm turbo.

that only means that its probably making 4000ftlb of tq… thats what explodes blocks!

either way… I don’t see it handling that turbo at full tilt… like I said… I might be wrong… but…

Smokin’ is making high 500s (wheel) currently at 50ish psi. There is no way he’d make 4-5x that amount just be swapping to that turbo and staying at 50ish psi. A turbo that is more efficient at making will make slightly more power due to less pumping losses, but not 4-5x.

That turbo at 50psi is not going to make 2500hp and split his block. When 'charger manufactures say a turbo or supercharger is capable of supporting X HP there are a lot of generalizations and assumptions involved. Basically, they’re looking at the peak CFM the 'charger can supply, an assumed A/F ratio, and the Brake Specific Fuel Consumption of the theoretical number to calculate out what the 'charger can support. All motors have different BSFCs, often hugely different so it’s really a gross generalization.

-TJ

I was pushing the 62mm at 63-64 psi and that was what got me to 580hp. I will push the 66/74 at the same 63-64 psi and it should take me well into the 600s … Same psi … But more volume of air.

Mark … I never said that my block can handle 2500hp … That turbo won’t produce 2500hp on an appliplcation like mine.

You have to rememeber that I can take my 66/74 and add a 100+mm turbo to it and run at 90-100+ psi.

Too much info for me to make sense of :rofl: I do get what you are saying though. :bigthumb:

You diesel guys are nuts! How do your intercooler pipes stay together? Welded? :rofl: