Your thoughts on Arnold's new commutation

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5juye7Hl2Lx5kaI09rxI97FAtVIXQ?docId=aeef06e5544f4cc0b110f65753564e7d

wtf is this shit? accept a plea bargain down from murder and get 7 years(maybe less with good behavior?) i was reading a story about a guy who legally purchased guns in colorado and had them unloaded in his trunk in new jersey and was put in jail for 7 years. thankfully that senteced was commuted by the governor though.

i know this shit is done all the time but wtf.

oh sweet. i didn’t know that they finally got rid of him.

Just as bad:

yeah i know these scumbags do it all the time, but to help a political ally’s son get off easy when he already plead down from murder charges. not to mention he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon which in itself can carry a sentence of more than 7 years in california.

“He was not the actual killer. But despite the evidence that Jett was a leader and instigator in the offense, and that he stabbed and killed Santos, the court sentenced Nunez to the same maximum prison sentence as Jett,” the governor said in the order.

“Considering Nunez’s limited role in the killing and his clean prior criminal record, I believe his sentence is disproportionate in comparison to Jett’s.”

I support the decision, but Arnold should have done it before the last day…looks bad.

100% agree with Jammer, not to mention this guy had NO prior criminal record

they both were stabbing people, by chance the one jett stabbed died, and none of the 2 nunez stabbed died, this is where aiding and abetting comes to play. they took the plea deal, and i think they both got off easy with 16 years. just because jett has to serve only 16 years doesnt mean nunez should get less.

i read those stories too, its fucked up, but he shouldve a) kept his mouth shut and/or b) sent his pistols to a dealer to hold while he was in the process of getting his NJ permit. NJ is way more liberal than colorado in terms of gun control.

I believe you miss worded that. Colorado has very firearms friendly laws. You can buy a pistol and carry as long as your a legal residence. NJ not so much very similar to NY.

yeah sorry, thats what i was trying to say.

this is common practice and happens every time someone with this power leaves office. the presidents will pardon the craziest shit. always done on the last day, usually last couple hours.

I didnt read enough to see he was stabbing people too…changes things a little