Your working Christmas Lights...

Just bought a house this year, and I’m going to pull a National Lampoons, and need all the Christmas Lights I can get. I figured I’d ask here first, before I go out and buy em. Please, don’t waste my time and/or yours, and make sure they work, as stated in the Subject. Thanks
-Kevin

Save yourself the aggravation and just do this next year. Buy your lights new just before or after Christmas when they’re 70+% off in the stores.

yea i usually buy a shit load of holiday stuff after the holiday… but im psyched about getting the house lit up this year.

check lowes and home depot on black friday, that is when i got mine. how many are you going for? instead of wrapping them around railings and ballisters just buy net lights and drape them over the front.

i can’t wait for the christmas light season. i’ll see if i have any pics from years past.

• The more the better!!!, and i hate shopping on Black Friday :frowning:

I hate it too but it will be well worth it. This year I will be at 12,500. Even funnier than the look on my neighbors faces when I first light them up is the bar graph on my electric bill.

damn, how big of an increase on your electric bill are those lights???

I guess it is time to go LED

Here is one that used to be around the corner from me, it would cause traffic jams nightly.

The above home is owned by John and Ethlyn Unger of Royal Oak, Michigan. Their yearly display of lights (70,000 to 80,000 lights total) draws thousands of visitors—as this photo taken in December 2008 shows.

There are some other cool ones:
Link

Average monthly during the winter is around $110, during Christmas light season it is around $375 lol

holy smokes… the old lady will kill me LOL!!!

I failed miserably last year with Christmas lights. I kept blowing fuses on the light strands. I plugged them in in several different locations so there wouldn’t be too many strands together, and still had issues. I was using all big old-school lights. The brand new ones I bought at Big Lots kept failing, and the super old ones I bought at the thrift store were the ones that actually lasted, go figure. A+ thrift in Lackawanna saves that Christmas stuff up all year and puts it all out at once in the late fall. I got lucky and there were barrels full of Christmas lights, and they were dirt cheap. They go quick though.

sweeeet when you do this take pics!

LOL, will do… For starters I got 5 boxes of 100’ strands at Lowes, Santa in a golf cart, and 2 red light-up bows for the windows. next paycheck, i will be back at lowes with another 5 boxes :wink: