yum

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the pics, then I couldn’t help but enjoy the irony that the box says Hooker headers

best of luck

run NA vs NA and then talk. its hard for a 4banger full weight to compare to any performance v8 NA full weight

That is the biggest ricer excuse I have ever heard.

Who cares what is done to it, who cares what should make more power, who cares which car has more mods. It was heads up run what ya brung. In this case it was domestic driving hilljacks that talked like their V8 was the 9th wonder of the world and laughed at the idea of making any 4 cyl fast. It was quite amusing to listen to them change their tune.

you must own a 4banger to think like that. dudes might of been cocky but without boost it wouldnt stand a chance. so me 1NA 4 banger full weight that can run similar times as a v8. boost and etc is what it takes and yes its fast but its ppl like this that think just cause you slap a turbo on your 4 banger your god now. sorry its not that way. i would like to see one car as i desribed, just one car all im asking

and for shelby best of luck hopefully with youre driving you cant get into 14s but i bet 5 bucks youre 15s

1. You are completely missing the point, they were super cocky. I’m talking 5 years ago when most of the redneck domestic owners that just cruised mall parking lots and main street and rarely went to the strip had never seen a hopped up 4 cylinder that actually had some stuff done to it. These guys had this attitude that their basically stock 'stangs and camaros with flowmasters and maybe underdrive pulleys, were the fastest things on 4 wheels. It was their domestic elitist attitude that made having a fast econo car fun.

Now almost everybody that has any knowledge of cars knows that any car can be made fast. This took away alot of the fun of the modded econo car, because it took away the surprise.

1. Lotus Exige

have pics? is that the lotus that looks like a ferrari? and whats it run?

An S2000 would run a 14 flat alongside a '00ish 4.6 GT.

My old neon ran 14.8s, which was enough to run alongside SN95s with the 4.6 (i can scan a timeslip if you like).

without all 8 plug wires you wouldnt stand a chance either

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/10493/lotus-exige.html

quik, i’ve seen a honda civic run 10’s NA… just crazy! so your wrong there.
but i understand what your saying… your saying that people go out and buy a turbo kit and build up the car and think their gods. no… their not. without the turbo the car’s are dogs… I raced my shelby with 26psi 1 night and thing ran like a damn dream! but the IC piping coupler popped off and i got to feel what the car was really like (without the turbo) at the end of the race, and I bet you could beat me in race going uphill in a wheelbarrow

Looking good Jeff

cool different looking

was the civic full weight?

So i guess taking a 16 second stock 240sx and making run 11’s or 10’s isn’t cool at all?

And a 14.9 second stock DSM going 10’s just isn’t cool either.

We should all just buy f-bodys and be too cool for school. :jerkit:

yes two comparisons but now adays the Level is alot higher, like when you have full size station wagons going high 12s from the factory you level speed now drops. so 14s for a NA 4 banger may seem quick and which it is but when you got 4400+ lbs going high 12s/low 13s from the factory makes you think and while these trucks are going those speeds they are still getting good mpg

and a S2000 is pimp and to make it really a perfect car it just needs a LS series motor/6speed

no MAJOR weight reduction, no rear/pass seats and such little stuff

what size motor and that, thats impressive but something doesnt seem right or its a ticking timebomb. also is it drivably for daily use?

You’ve gotta pay big bucks for the newest stuff that runs that fast though. $36k or so for an SRT-8 (i’m assuming that’s the high 12sec wagon).

I was happy to run even with a same-year mustang in my “fun” car 5 years ago. I’ve moved on, and so has the auto industry. Hopefully my next “fun” car will run in the 13s somewhere.

More cubes are always going to be the final word on horsepower.

Who cares what is done to it, who cares what should make more power, who cares which car has more mods. It was heads up run what ya brung.

Yeah, that’s this avowed domestic V8 lover’s outlook on the fast car thing…

I respect performance regardless of how it’s achieved.

I prefer the rumble of a V8, instant rushes of low end torque, and being able to kick the ass end out around corners. :smiley: