yum

I too prefer a V8, but at this time i cannot afford a TA. in due time i will

SSTB known to run high 12s on 20" chrome wheels

The SRT-8 Magnum runs high 13’s stock and can do 0-60 in the low 5 sec range.

i remember reading about a fully loaded civic with a K series swap in it running 11s all motor. If i didn’t read so many forums I would tell you where it was, but there was video and everything of it. maybe one of the honda people know of it…

but lets bring this post back on topic… parts look good shelby. Does anyone make traction bars like on the hondas for the neons? That would probably yield the most impressive gains on the track because the wheel would not be able to bounce. If not, perhaps 1st Try or Domination could fab something up similar to the honda setup. good luck and get some seat time, I know thats the bigges thing i need!

Is making a 240 run 11’s cool…yes just for the fact that it ran 11’s. Other than that it really isnt that cool to me. It really does not impress me at all when something ment to be a eco dd driver is fast. Like a civic, neon(non srt4), eclipse (chickcar), or whatever car that was not ment to be fast. That is me though…to deck out a neon is not my style. Especially when you like other cars better and could just be saving for one of those instead. I don’t think f-bodies are the only cool car out. I just pointed that out b/c i know he loves those and it was only 4500. Hell if you have a 3Kgt, 300ZX, RX7, or something of that nature it would impress me way more than a 240, neon, or a civic. I just think it is “cooler” so save for the car you actually want and make it theway you like than buy something you can pay for right away and mod it. But that is me, so to each his own. I think it is cool though slow R/T is trying to do it N/A. When you run a good time N/A it always impresses me more. Keep in mind anyone that starts a project and makes a car look decent and run good is also pretty cool to me regardless if I am not a fan of the car.

there are alot of motor mounts and now some companies are puttin out some lower control arms for the SRT’s i dont know if any of them would bolt up to the NA 2.0 or what ever motor your dealin with jeff.

i think that having a daily driver in the low 14’s possibly 13’s is awesome. i would love to have my SRT and camaro. oh yeah. you may want some cam gears to dial them in also.

im running Deyeme racing mounts, then buying a new solid bobble strut (torque rear mount)

these are the deyeme mounts, they still vibrate, bot NOWHERE near as much as poly inserts… about a week after i couldnt even notice the vibrations over stock

FYI the 240 was not branded as an econo car so much. and please start a new thread if you want to continue to have a “what you think is cool” thread.

thanks

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24654 already done

um…the 89-99 dsms were meant to be fast thats why for 90% of those years stock they were faster than your preciious fbody’s :kekegay: my dads 89 iroc couldnt’ hold a candle to a stock 89 (first production year) eclipse/talon/laser

civics and neons are not inthe same class don’t compare them

go ahead pick on a slow fbody go pull that stunt with mustangs outcome wont be the same

all stock mustangs run 13’s

i can pee for about 30seconds

um…the 89-99 dsms were meant to be fast thats why for 90% of those years stock they were faster than your preciious fbody’s

Really? A 93 GSX will beat a 93 Z28 stock to stock? I have a REAL hard time believing that.

That’s a pretty major difference.

this thread sucks other than the fact shelby is hooking his car up to go faster.

were model t’s designed to race? were mustangs originally designed to race? no. shit evolves.

this is starting to become wayyy off topic, everyone move yourself to the new thread that was made for this debate
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24654

hmm someone missed the 90% part :rolleyes:

hmm someone missed the 90% part

um…the 89-99 dsms were meant to be fast thats why for 90% of those years stock they were faster than your preciious fbody’s

No, I didn’t. I’m not trying to be a dick- you seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy in the the other threads of yours I’ve read. But your just plain wrong here.

90%…lets see, 89-99 comprises 10 years.

90% of ten years = 9 years.

From 93-99, the V8 Camaro utter dominated the top of line DSM stock to stock.

That’s six years, or 60%.

So for four years, the DSM comes out on top. 40%. Get it? :slight_smile:

oh noes what did i start…

But nice parts, i wish some company would make a header for my car.