Z car show, June 18th

wondering if anythign is going on for this, if necc could have a booth or somthing. not to mention that the bbq is also that day, anyone have anything to say?

Yeah we would like to have a big turnout and then head to the club BBQ which I will be making arrangements for tomorrow.

oh ok so this show ends before the Bqq starts? if so that would be such a WICKED day

Yeah, the NECC is invited to participate, along with anyone with Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti cars who wants to participate. “Booths” are for sponsors at this event (I can’t remember all the sponsors involved this year off the top of my head, but I know Ericksen Nissan and Fastech Tires will have booths for sure. Sumaru’s Auto, Mills Nissan and Apex Modified are also sponsors, but I think they are donating prizes instead of having a booth).

All NECC has to do is represent with a nice amount of cars that day, to support the club event and the charity. That’s all we can ask. 8)

The Calgary Z Club will be representing as well, along with Reg’s Z-Force cars usually show up en-masse too.

Yep, the show activities usually wrap up around 4pm. Some people will probably want to go over to Tony Roma’s after to grab a bite right after the show (particularly the guys from Calgary who might be anxious to get back on the road to go home), but I did mention the NECC BBQ at our club meeting on thursday night.

If someone wants to PM me more of the specifics on the BBQ, I can get an email distributed out to the EZCC membership so they have more info.

NECC provides the BBQ and propane, everyone who attends brings their own grub. After it’s all over, whoever wants to can cruise to the UC meet that night! That’d be awesome to get a block long train of Nissans/Tuner cars all rolling at once. :smiley:

so who is all planing to go to the z show, seen as it is for charity

Jason, I sent you all the infor on the BBQ on 780. Can we get some details on here about the show? Roll in? Cost?
Thanks

Hey all,

Here is the link on the Z club website for the upcoming show:

http://www.nk.ca/~zcar/pages/carshow05.html

Thanks for posting that link up Rob. (what a team!!)

Anyway, just to supplement a bit.

Layout and registration:
The floorplan of the show area is being changed (we’re trying something different). There will be a runway of sorts for the cars coming in to registrer to help minimize congestion for the main parking lot area (for the mall). For this event, its not necessarily a good thing to roll in as a huge group. There’s no point really. Groups of 3-5 cars coming in together might be ok but much more than that all at once and tne line might get backed up to either zellers or 83st. Cars will have to pay as they enter. Also cars will be parked by category, not by club or affiliation (eg. 240Z/280Z over here, Z32s over there, etc.). However since the majority of NECC member cars are non-Zs, most will end up parked in close proximity to each other anyway. :smiley:

Participants get:

• eligible for door prizes
  • discounts on Z Club t-shirts & hats (if they want them)
  • a commemorative engraved dashboard plaque
  • participant ballots for the 8 car categories, plus “Participant’s Choice” (aka Best of Show)
  • There may or may not be “goody bags”… that’s being worked on with a potential sponsor. (no promises)

so is anyone going to go for this?

That doesn’t sound so confidence inspiring.

Why don’t you just decide if you’re going (for yourself), and if you are, say something like “Hey guys, I’m going to this. Any else coming? If so I’ll see ya there!” instead? 8)

Hopefully I can get the day off so I can make it.

Oh i will be there for sure, i will drive out there just to see your car, cleanest 300 i have ever seen drool (could not find drool smile) i was drivin the jeep at the meet.

anyway i was wondering if we were doing some necc repping, put a couple cars in the show or somthing?

so it’s 20 bones to get in?im gonna come down and check this out and head to the BBQ afterwards :smiley: hope to see as many NECC members as possible and if not ill cya’ll at the BBQ afterwards

Yep, but half that goes to the charity (in this case the Rainbow Society for kids), and the other half is used to cover expenses and raise a bit of money for the club. Also the decision was made to raise the fee since it had been fixed at $10 ever since our first show, back in 1996 (this year is our 10th annual). After ten years we felt an increase was due.

BTW the more cars IN the show, the more money raised. And the better the display for everyone to enjoy. And the best part is the meeting and socializing with everyone. Please consider not just showing up to look on June 18th, but to enter your car if you can.

Here’s an interesting stat from last year. We had a total of ~70 cars in the show last year, and of those only ~ 30 or so were actually EZCC members’ cars.
The cars were a mix of:

• Edmonton Z Car Club members
  • Calgary Z Club members
  • Nissan Enthusiast Car Club members
  • Reg Sumaru, his customers and Z-Force cars
  • some guys from Red Deer (that might not have had any official club affiliations)
  • some cars just off the street (local people that heard of the show one way or other and entered).

Every year I hope to see us break the record for attendance in the show. I think the number has floated between 65-75 over the last few years. So far I don’t think we’ve ever beat or come close to 1998, the year we had the show on the front lawn at Mills Nissan. We must’ve had 85-90 cars that day.

my cars a lil beat up tho and without the hood up its kinda an eyesore :roll:

i am on the same boat

Yeah I got rearended so my car isnt show worthy.

i would be willing to put the pathy in seen as its for charity, i just want some necc ppl to chill with,

RB all you need is your hood open and no body will even notice the bondo… :smiley: