Z Dayz 2006 - Tail of the Dragon

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/psfp-zdayz.jpg

All Content was contributed by jinxxycat:

What: ZDayz 2006, May 19-21
Where: Fontana Village Resort, NC and “Tail of the Dragon”

“The Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America ’s number one motorcycle and sports car road. The nearby Cherohala Skyway is quickly becoming number two with its remote 60 miles of scenic mountain highway.”

The event was a great success. We had 402 registrants, 247 Z Cars (a few G cars too, G35’s are the 350Z’s sister car VQ35DE). Every generation Z was represented!!! Out of the 247 cars, we had 142 enter the show (peoples choice). It was at least 2x as big as ZDayz last year.

I started out Wed driving to Columbus to meets the guys from the ZROC club (4 more Z’s with me)…got pulled on the way to Lexington, KY but didn’t get a ticket (I hate bringing up the rear for this reason alone!) In Lexington, KY we met up w/ 6 more cars coming from MN, WI and Chicago. Total 11 cars in the caravan. It took me 14 hours (with the stops) to get down there.

By the time we entered “The Dragon” it was dark, the road was wet and it was foggy VERY scarey drive in the dark…but we made it.

Friday we had registration, sign up for Texas Hold EM, and the scavenger hunt list was given out. We had a nice banquet dinner, followed by the yearly “Ugly Shirt Contest” and “Texas Hold-EM Tournament” late night.

Saturday was the car show. It started out with rain, but soon cleared up. In addition to the show, we had various activities to attend throughout the day, a Crawford Performance tech session, BF Goodrich tech sesion, Z1 Performance tech session, Hotchkis Suspension tuning tech session, and the Detailing session by Dr. Bonz (hence the skeleton holding some Zaino in his picture lol).

Saturday night we had another banquet dinner, followed by the raffle drawings (various things ranging from Crawford headers, Hotchkis TVS, a set of 4 BF Goodrich G-Force KDW’s, a weekend at Fontana Village resort, Fiberglass vented fenders, etc) After the drawings, we announced the winners of each generation (stock, modified and FI clasess where applied) in the car show. There were some outstanding cars there. Late night Saturday night was the RC Car Races. The Yellow Mini racer won the event.

Of course throughout the weekend there was free time to drive “The Dragon”, meet up with old friends, make new friends, and LOTS and LOTS of drinking, and of course, not enough sleep.

It was a great weekend, I highly suggest any Z Enthusiast, you have to do this at least once!!!

Click here to view exclusive PITTspeed.com pictures!