Z32 AFM and Stock SR AFM

is there any diffirent between these 2?

The Z32 AFM can handle much more power.

You mean more flow?

I got a question how do they rate stuff like Intercoolers for like 400hp?

Different cars/engienes make different power at different boost.

Open a new topic

the Z32 mafs requires different tuning to run proporly, since the same measurement of air will end up giving less fuel - assuming they use the same voltage range.

The SR mafs is good up to about 250rwhp, at that point it maxes out and becomes in accurate, possibly allowing your car to lean out. Bye bye SR.

Z32 mafs is good up till 400-500? not exactly sure. You would need new injectors with this MAFS. I think if you run: (stock Z32 size injectors*6) / 4 you would not need tuning and the MAFS signal would give the injectors the propor signal for the car to run right.

I think this because, the Z32 mafs measures for 6 stock injectors. Since we only have 4, if it measures the same amount of air, more air goes into each cylinder, therefore you need more fuel. With this calculation it shows you need 4 injectors, of which the sum is equal to 6 stock Z32 injectors.

Im not sure what stock Z32 injectors are, but i think this would work. If someone could tell me what stock Z32 injectors are? thanks

ok so they are 370, so 370*6 = 2220

2220/4 = 555cc

So 4 555cc Injectors and a Z32 mafs on an SR should cause the car to run like stock 370cc injectors and S13/SR Mafs

Has anyone tried this without tuning? the car should be very close… idle may be a bit rougher since the MAFS gets an extreamly low reading and may become un-acurate. IMO i would raise idle to 1000rpm if i had this MAFS

A little OT, but…

Yes, different engines make different power and different boost, but the CFM of air flow is directly related to power output.

more air flow, more power. Small engine, needs higher rpm and higher boost.

if you run a small engine at high rpm with high boost, you get the same power as a big engine with less boost at lower rpm… but the actual amount of air that is flowing is similar.

They rate intercooler to be a certain power output because of CFM limitation. Beyond that amount of CFM, the intercooler causes too much pressure loss / air can’t flow fast enough.

that’s a good idea… change the injectors to match the MAF… You can also use the S-AFC to convert the voltage signal from 1 MAF to another. You don’t actually have to go buy 555 injectors.